new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here.

south texas ... and my project - site looked like it could be helpful.

Welcome! Yes, this site will help you greatly. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly people here. And what a chop! What's going under the hood? Also, check into joining the Studebaker Drivers Club. Four doors rule!

Comment

still has the old 6 in it ... gutted the wiring and found a wiring schematic = ill give the original engine a good go at running - if it fires over and seems strong ill call it a day -- if not ill find something to drop -- maybe a 4.6 idk... obviously i dont mind rust ... the bottom will be "cleaned" and clearcoated as is ... the top will be satin (input whatever color i decide on) cant tell in the picture but the front is actually lowered -- need to pick up some new shoes ... thinking hankook optimo bc of price and skinny whitewall... just figure it out as i go...
      if anyone sees this and needs a part (usually chrome or trim) i dont keep much on my cars - so door handles trunk lights etc.

Comment

I'm guessing it's a 51? Most of the details are obscured in that picture.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

mighty fine guess.

Comment

Will look wicked with the chop. I like it.

Comment

With the original 170 cid it will be a very unique rat. Will be awe inspiring but never fast!
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Very cool for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                  With the original 170 cid it will be a very unique rat. Will be awe inspiring but never fast!
                  85 hp stock! hahaha
                  with a complete engine and tranny that isnt locked up i figure i at LEAST deserve giving it a good shot to run it survived this long gotta be fair.
                  if not,like i said, no big deal ... a big block would be fun but a pain so it would have to be a something lighter etc .. idk - we will see when i get there.
                  appreciate the kind words etc - ill keep yall posted.

Comment

Colton,
                    I believe the rat rods were always intended to be a little on the edge. How much more incredulous than to have the appearance of a lead sled with nothing more than an efficient motive power?
                    To be fair, the Champion engine can be deified with Cathcart improvements; even replanted with an identical appearing 185. The whole thing will just be different than what anyone has expected.
                    Glad you brought it here and look forward to your progress reports.
                    Think about reporting you final rounds in the Custom/Modified section of Turning Wheels magazine.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

no worries rockne - drove home 4.6 crown vic to swap.

Comment

Working...
                      X