Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 hawk engine bay freshen up

Hi all,

While the engine/trans is out of the Hawk I thought I'd repaint the engine bay. Someone before me thought it would be great to BRUSH on some creamy yellow goop.

here's some before pics.
    Attached Files

during and after

preped,

1st coat

and after 2 coats of satin black
    Attached Files

Comment

That will match the Chevy engine you are going to put in it well! If you're staying Stude powered, then golly gee if you went to all that trouble, it coulda went body color which is original. I take it that your car was originally white?
      Now that my personal peeve is nit picked......Good on you for working on your car and enjoying the hobby.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        That will match the Chevy engine you are going to put in it well! If you're staying Stude powered, then golly gee if you went to all that trouble, it coulda went body color which is original. I take it that your car was originally white?
        Now that my personal peeve is nit picked......Good on you for working on your car and enjoying the hobby.
        I was going to comment that someone painted my engine bay black on my 64 GT over the Stratto blue paint. It will have to stay that way, don't plan to pull engine it runs to good.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
          Hi bezhawk, she is NOT going chebby, Ford maybe, Mopar maybe but never a belly button. It's bad enough that I have to use chebby bearings!!
          If the body were original colour would rather have gone the ermine white engine bay, black was the easy way out.

Comment

Hi Mark, stratto blue!! very nice and a 64 to boot. It might be worth pulling the engine just to put the engine bay back to original.

Comment

I like the '64 XL in the background, too. Back in the day I had one of those with a 390 and factory 4 speed.

Now I have a '62 GT Hawk with 4 speed. I hope to have it running soon.

Paul
              I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
              1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdGenStude View Post
                I like the '64 XL in the background, too. Back in the day I had one of those with a 390 and factory 4 speed.

Now I have a '62 GT Hawk with 4 speed. I hope to have it running soon.

Paul
                Hi Paul, Yes the Galaxie is 390 4 speed and a great driver. The Hawk is also 4 speed. I see you've had some luck getting your Hawk running, good stuff.

Comment

Black works well for hiding road grime, which comes with mileage. The wife's black & white GT was solid black originally, and still has a black engine bay; wouldn't have it any other way. With the red & white GT, last motor rebuild I painted the engine bay POR-15 Silver; don't know what I was thinking; looks like crap. But it will stay that way till next engine rebuild. Maybe by then I'll be too old to care about little stuff like that

Comment

Working...
                  X