Interesting article in the CAA newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article in the CAA newsletter

Towards the end of this I have bolded and underlined Mr. Bradfield's comment. I thought someone here just might find it interesting. Click image for larger version

Name:	emo3.gif
Views:	83
Size:	1,001 Bytes
ID:	1743253

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger & Susan Murray (Ohio) sent the following note and the snowy photo of fellow CAA member Dr. Susan Orosz.

"With the 2013-2014 winter breaking all records in northwestern Ohio, Dr. Orosz drove her Morgan mare, Belle, to her family's restored Albany Cutter on fifty-seven different days.

"Her original goal was to sleigh for fifty days, then sixty ... but, sadly, the winter has come to an end for sleighing. Many of the times the weather was sub-zero."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Burgess sent the following note:

"In the winter, my neighbor asked for assistance on a sleigh he had recently purchased. I placed the request for informtion, plus pictures of the sleigh, in this newsletter. Tonight, I received this e-mail from my neighbor, Chester ..."

I would like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation to members of your organization especially William R. Robbins of Lethbridge, Alberta, for identifying our sleigh as a Portland Cutter. The various suggestions regarding stabilization, preservation, and restoration were extremely helpful and informative.

We have temporally delayed any work on the sleigh until we do additional research. This summer we are planning a trip to Canada to the town where it was built by McLaughlin Carriage Company.

If any of your members are visiting in our area, we would be happy to show the Portland Cutter to them, as well as our Studebaker collection.

Sincerely,
    Chester Bradfield

"Thank you for your time and interest in guiding Chester. You have peaked his interest in the Cutter and the history behind it. Could we have a new CAA member coming?"

Attached Files
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Hopefully most folks are aware that Chester Bradfield was, until recently, the printer for Turning Wheels, and is also the primary force behind the establishment of the Studebaker National Foundation.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Ah, that's why the name was so familliar!Click image for larger version

Name:	emo34.gif
Views:	3
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	1688712
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!