It's original, 1956 Transtar longbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's original, 1956 Transtar longbed

Good morning Studebaker enthusiasts. I'm doing a favor for a friend that doesn't use a computer much. He has a 1956 Transtar truck that he needs to part with, but wants it to go to a loving home. We live in Bellingham, washington. Up near the British Columbia, Canadian border. Here are the specs: Original V8 Engine
    Blue and black
    *Radio
    Long Bed
    All Stock
    Looks Great
    Runs Great
    Very Clean
    I need to get the chassis miles from him. Craig would like to sell it for $23,000. This truck has been in several local car shows and even won last year. I think it was the original stock category. I can email photos to anyone interested and pass on the questions to Craig. I myself am in love with the convertible Lark. This truck is a beauty, too.
    Last edited by northwind; 04-06-2014, 10:52 AM. Reason: typos

Must be this one:

Craig

Comment

Yes, this is ghe one. I also added photos to my album

Comment

Here are more photosClick image for larger version

Name:	01717_5xx3E6EOlgK_50x50c.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	1688503Click image for larger version

Name:	01212_guAqCYdThur_50x50c.jpeg
Size:	1,021 Bytes
ID:	1688505Click image for larger version

Name:	00101_aDlxNpR4Obt_50x50c.jpeg
ID:	1688504Click image for larger version

Name:	00P0P_jzjPArVp7Xy_50x50c.jpeg
ID:	1688502Click image for larger version

Name:	00L0L_eWcgoattnMV_50x50c.jpeg
Size:	1,023 Bytes
ID:	1688506

Comment

Did you load these from your computer or from a Picture Hosting Website?
          Usually when loaded from computer they will open larger and can be clicked again for LARGE, so we can actually SEE them.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sorry about that. Iwill get the originals and reload them. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Sorry about that. Iwill get the originals and reload them. Thanks for letting me know. Hey I just noticdd you're from right near me.

If anyone has questions you can call Craig at 360-815-1070

Comment

By the tread on those tires, it must really growl going down the road - wonder if they are 6 ply or 8 ply...

Wish the seller all the luck - somewhat limited market with a 3/4 ton. Most people turn black-and-blue (sorry - cannot resist) from the rough ride - but younger folks do not understand that these vehicles were not built to give a smooth ride - they were built to work.

Comment

An earlier production 2E12 as it has six lug split rims. Later in the year they went to eight lug non split rims. Appearance would be better in a more original color. Nice that it retains its one year only headlight bezels and directionals. These do go well down the road, I know, I have one.
                  sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                  1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                  1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                  1963 8E28 GSA order
                  1963 8E5 SOLD!
                  1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Originally posted by northwind View Post
                    Sorry about that. Iwill get the originals and reload them. Thanks for letting me know. Hey I just noticdd you're from right near me.
                    If anyone has questions you can call Craig at 360-815-1070

Yes I guess Craig (8E45E) probably got his picture right here in Ferndale at the Annual Hovander Park SDC Car Show, but I usually am too busy selling Parts to pay a lot of attention to the Vehicles.
                    But I do not recall the owner showing up at our monthly meetings, maybe he did without the Truck so I can't connect the two.

That IS a Great looking Truck, but unfortunately, the owner is going to have to accept a real price for the Truck though if he wants it gone, because that price won't even CLOSE to work.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

One perk to being the parking guru at my Club's Annual car show held in Hovander Park is that I get to see every vehicle as they enter the 'show field'. That said- I believe that I have seen this truck in person at least twice. It is a pretty darn nice truck.
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        That IS a Great looking Truck, but unfortunately, the owner is going to have to accept a real price for the Truck though if he wants it gone, because that price won't even CLOSE to work.
                        Yes, an exceptionally nice example of Stude's best truck. Yes, I'd agree, much as I love the '55-56 E12, the market may not be there at his asking price.

jack vines
                        PackardV8

Comment

The hood ornament is original, to a 1956 Chevrolet car.

Comment

Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                            The hood ornament is original, to a 1956 Chevrolet car.
                            Well...if I were going to "modify" this truck...instead of installing that Chevy ornament, I would rather replace the hood with a 1955 hood complete with 1955 ornaments. That way, the subtle "Mod" would result in a sleeker eye appealing appearance in keeping with the overall lines of the design. Plus...you have the benefit of the nice built-in '56 turn signals. (That tempts me to replace the grille in my '55 with a '56 grille.)
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I have to agree about the hood ornament. Should have stuck with the original. All the same this is a beautiful truck and had I the cash, one I'd be very happy to have just as it is. Hope it goes to a good home!
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X