Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Champion Six Engine - High Performance Parts by MORGAN !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion Six Engine - High Performance Parts by MORGAN !

Having sold my Studebaker M5 pickup a few years back, I am doing some Spring cleaning and placed two Studebaker Champ Six engine items on eBay. I acquired these many years ago and they remained in my garage until now. Both are original high-performance items from Frank Morgan made for the Champ engine.

The finned head is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201049774174...84.m1555.l2649

The dual carb intake manifold is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201049764869...84.m1555.l2649

I am hoping that these may be of interest to a club member who is interested in building a unique vintage hot rod.

Regards,
    John

Very cool stuff!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Will these work on a 185 six? Marysville is just up the road from Sacramento. It would be cool to have high performance parts made locally that are 60 years old. Pat, are you out there?

Comment

They will fit on either the 170 or 185 , that part would make no difference......wish they would fit on a 245
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Are you offering a special deal to members?

Comment

I am looking for a Morgan QuadDemon intake manifold for a V-8 Studebaker.
            StudeRick & Johna
            Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk, 1963 GT Hawk, 1962 GT Hawk
            1957 Silver Hawk
            1963 Avanti
            1961 Lark Wagon
            1963 Lark Daytona

Comment

Morgan was an aftermarket parts supplier in the fifties.
              Anything you locate today is a found gem....
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I live in Sacramento ca just down the road from Marysville ca. Frank Morgan Studebaker sent three prototype engines based on the 232 V-8 to Studebaker Engineering. Morgan was never paid for the engines and lost his business in the flood of 1955. The last trace I can find of the gentleman who had the molds was that he had moved to Oregon a few years ago. I dont know if the molds were destroyed or not. I hope someone can replicate the QuadDemon intake manifold using 3D printing technology in the near future.
                StudeRick & Johna
                Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk, 1963 GT Hawk, 1962 GT Hawk
                1957 Silver Hawk
                1963 Avanti
                1961 Lark Wagon
                1963 Lark Daytona

Comment

Very interesting stuff for sure, Rick knows a lot more about Morgan history than I. Randy you better snag those for your 55!
                  Last edited by Pat Dilling; 03-16-2014, 07:50 AM.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I have no idea of the value of these items, BUT, something tells me caso's need not apply.

Comment

I am glad to see that I was outbid....

Have some pic's of a Morgan head and intake that I polished up for a customer a few years ago....
                      They were very nice quality, and looked awesome.

Hopefully we will get a chance to see them on a Stude in the near future!
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Hey Jeff! This is the same set that you polished for me a bunch of years ago. They are now on their way to CA. Like you, I hope the the forum gets to see them on a Stude soon too.

Regards,
                        John

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                        I am glad to see that I was outbid....

Have some pic's of a Morgan head and intake that I polished up for a customer a few years ago....
                        They were very nice quality, and looked awesome.

Hopefully we will get a chance to see them on a Stude in the near future!

Comment

Working...
                        X