Anyone put 60's era Hawk bucket seats in their 1959 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Anyone put 60's era Hawk bucket seats in their 1959 Lark

I have a set of bucket seats from a 60's era Hawk that I'd like to put in my '59 Lark, 2-door. I have the stamped bracket that goes between the seats, so installation should not be too bad. I also have a Hurst 4-speed floor shifter. I was just wondering if there is any info or suggestions anyone may have. The floors were replaced in my Lark by the previous owner, so they are not factory. They are flat from the tunnel all the way out to the rocker panels. I rough installed the seats by adjusting the (front-to-back) rails in the middle. They seem to be level, but I have no clue if there is a specific area the center bracket should be mounted. I don't know if the first gen Larks had bucket seats as an option, I always seen them with bench seats. I am 6' 3", so the bench seat had to go in order for my 6 year old to have leg room in the back seat. I have to get them re-upholstered since they have been sitting for many years. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you fellow Stude owners!!

First if you have the original type bucket seats from a 61 hawk ( first year they were used) and the bracket from the 61, it is different from all others, any from a lark will not fit the hawk and the hawk will not fit the Larks, the 61 buckets do not use a center consul, also I have found the the bolt spacing side to side is wider for the GT's and lark buckets do not match up they can be made to fit but not straight bolt in. all in all I would think you should get the lark floor bracket and a set of lark buckets for the easiest install, been there done that.
    Last edited by candbstudebakers; 03-10-2014, 11:06 PM.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

I had no trouble fitting GT seats into my 53--they matched up with existing bolt holes. Here's a pic of the test fit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	seats.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1688228

Edit: for some reason when reading this I thought you were putting later model Hawk buckets into an earlier Hawk. I somehow missed you were putting them into a Lark. Sorry for any confusion.
      Last edited by dnevin; 03-11-2014, 08:55 AM. Reason: clarification
      Dave Nevin
      Corvallis, OR
      1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
      Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think they are later Hawk seats since they originally did have the center console, but it was not included when I got the seats. They look exactly like the seats dnevin posted. I rough fit them and I think they will work well.

Comment

The center mounting bracket over the tunnel, as Bob said is different from a Hawk to a Lark. This is due to the different shape of the Tunnel.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

During the rough fit, the center (Hawk) bracket fits over the (Lark) tunnel with no problems. I was even impressed that the seats are narrower than the bench seat. I have a roll bar in the car and the bench seat rubbed on the bar. I even have the bar as close to the inside B-pillar as possible. It looks like I may have about a half inch of clearance between the new buckets and the bar. I will take photos once they are installed to help with any other Stude owners that may put Hawk seats in their Lark. Thanks for the responses everyone, I appreciate your time.

Comment

They fit pretty nice!! Installation went pretty well.

Name:	DSCN9094.jpg
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1688866

Name:	DSCN9093.jpg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1688865

Comment

looks very nice. post more pix of your Lark, I like what little bit I can see.
                sigpic
                JohnP, driving & reviving
                60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Please see my thread on this subject!

Comment

DemonSpeedn you have a PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X