58 ' studebaker transtar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 ' studebaker transtar

I have a 58 Studebaker transstar I am looking for another transstar so I can put the two of them together and make one. I live in southeren new mexico, I am looking for a cheap "preferably" truck with a good title. it doesn't have to be in great shape, I don't mind putting work into it I already have the glass and some other parts, and I don't mind a little travel or a little work to get it, but I don't have a lot to spend on it at the moment, what I can do is trade for part of it and pay for the rest, if I have something you are interested in. if I cant find one I will probably end up selling the one I have and moving on to another project, which I would hate to do, I appreciate any help you guys can give me. it can be hard to find these sometimes.

Originally posted by newmextrader View Post
    I have a 58 Studebaker transstar I am looking for another transstar so I can put the two of them together and make one. I live in southeren new mexico, I am looking for a cheap "preferably" truck with a good title. it doesn't have to be in great shape, I don't mind putting work into it I already have the glass and some other parts, and I don't mind a little travel or a little work to get it, but I don't have a lot to spend on it at the moment, what I can do is trade for part of it and pay for the rest, if I have something you are interested in. if I cant find one I will probably end up selling the one I have and moving on to another project, which I would hate to do, I appreciate any help you guys can give me. it can be hard to find these sometimes.
    Just in case you don't know: there weren't a lot of changes in Stude's trucks from 49 to the end in 64. In other words, you certainly don't need a second 58 Transtar to make one good 58 Transtar. If your truck has a V8, any Stude V8 will fit. The cabs from 55-64 were identical. So were the fenders and doors, except for the location of some holes. The same fiberglass grille was used on all 57-64 C cabs except the 58-59 Scotsman. Within each tonnage model (eg, half-ton, 3/4-ton), the frame, suspension, and steering mechanicals were almost identical from year to year. So it might depend on exactly what parts/components you need -- many items from a similarly equipped 49-64 will fit your truck just fine. Parts trucks appear for sale pretty regularly on ebay and Craig's List, so that would be two places to keep a look out for one. The Stude Truck Talk site usually notes each one that comes up for sale somewhere:
    Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

The Stude truck history will help you identify the major changes, if any, that occurred each year.

Good luck with your Transtar.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
    X