Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1928 Studebaker President 8 State Limousine (FA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1928 Studebaker President 8 State Limousine (FA)

Greeting from the UK

I thought members of this site may welcome a pic of this vehicle, it belongs to a friend of mine.

As far as we know it may well be the last one remaining, if anyones knows differently I'd like to hear.

Regards

Russ
    Attached Files

WOW!!

What a collection!
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Beautiful!

Richard Quinn, Rick Peterson and other members of the Antique Studebaker Club may have a better idea of any others extant.
      Thanks for sharing.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I look forward to hearing from them or any other individuals. Thanks.

Comment

The collection extends to over 20 vehicles from 1912 to 1939 currently. The Studebaker is my favorite and I've done the most work on her.

Comment

Interior pics as well
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vintagewheeler View Post
              Greeting from the UK

I thought members of this site may welcome a pic of this vehicle, it belongs to a friend of mine.

As far as we know it may well be the last one remaining, if anyones knows differently I'd like to hear.

Regards

Russ
              My friend Dennis, from Massachusetts, owns a '28 President sedan very similar to this car

Comment

VERY VERY beautiful!

Mark

Comment

Truly lovely... thanks for sharing!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Beautiful car. It would be hard to decide whether to drive or stretch out in the back and let someone else take you on the road.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                      Beautiful car. It would be hard to decide whether to drive or stretch out in the back and let someone else take you on the road.
                      No brainer.... Just look at the upholstry on the back seat and the driver's seat. Shouldn't be hard to find someone to drive for you.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

What man likes to be driven lol

Actually she is a pleasure to drive, still pulls lovely and is in tip top condition. Fitted a 1928 (FB) gearbox which we acquired from Studerex last year (2nd gear was whining) now she is just how she should be. There is a bit of whining on overrun which would point to backlash in the differential...thats the next task.

Apart from that she is fairly bullit proof, testimony to the design and engineering of a bygone era...most of all she brings a smile to everyone who see's her and is in regular use rather than on display with do to touch signs. I think that is best and so does Gerry who is the current custodian of this piece of history.

Comment

Would you know if he had worked on the differential at any point, we are looking to cure a small whine on overrun. Hoping there is a simple backlash adjustment but you never know how things were put together until you take them apart.
                          Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                          My friend Dennis, from Massachusetts, owns a '28 President sedan very similar to this car

Comment

I dont know if Richard Quinn visits this page or not but you should reach out to him as well as a post in the general forum or the tech forum. If Richard is not familiar with your differential no doubt he knows someone who is. Others here may be well qualified also. He posts here as Studebakerwheel.
                            Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting the pics. Steve
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the post. In my experience limos should be seen from the side to be fully appreciated! Do any of these ever get out on the street and driven (where a proper pic could be taken)???

Comment

Working...
                              X