Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've told my grand daughter that in a few years she can have the car....."As long as she keeps the paint job WELL WAXED"!....She said, "Well waxed?....I thought you said it was a FUN Avanti"?
    Attached Files

Comment

Been thinking about registering my '85 in the spring and making IT the "fun" (frequently driven summer car) Avanti.....The '63 was restored over twenty years ago now, and it's probably due for a mechanical "re-visit"!
      Attached Files

Comment

Went to a nice car show at 'Oak Point' in Middleboro, Massachusetts today!....The '63 Avanti took second in its class....I told them I'd wouldn't come back if they ever pulled that again!

Comment

What constitutes your term "restored" ?.......that could mean anything........curious minds want to know:-)
          Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          Been thinking about registering my '85 in the spring and making IT the "fun" (frequently driven summer car) Avanti.....The '63 was restored over twenty years ago now, and it's probably due for a mechanical "re-visit"!

Comment

Great SN-60. I just completed a 1776 mile trip to the Kelso Meet, then visiting friends throughout Oregon, then back home to British Columbia. Our '83 Avanti never quit delivering smiles, thumbs up and conversations when we stopped. Pics to follow if I can get my computer to cooperate. (It doesn't seem to want to connect to pics).
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
              What would happen if the shop reversed the lines?
              I think Ed may have missed the MOST important thing that would happen in this case, the REAR Piston using the Rear Reservoir in the Dual Master Cylinder gives the Front Brakes their "push" FIRST, slightly before the Rears so you would not want to reverse this process.

The two issues mentioned of course, would happen also.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I think Ed may have missed the MOST important thing that would happen in this case, the REAR Piston using the Rear Reservoir in the Dual Master Cylinder gives the Front Brakes their "push" FIRST, slightly before the Rears so you would not want to reverse this process.

The two issues mentioned of course, would happen also.
                Hmmmm!...In a split brake system, I thought the front and rears activated at the same time. Anyway, here's another shot of the good old '63!
                Attached Files

Comment

After not waxing this car for about four years, I finally took the time last week to apply a nice even coat of Meguiar's 'Ultimate' paste wax onto the old girl's finish!

I was amazed at the shine...I painted this Avanti around 1990, using Dupont 'Lucite' lacquer paint, which has held up really well for over 26 years!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Saw my friend Chet last weekend, he mentioned that he's reluctantly placing his '63 Avanti (see post # 29) up for sale. This is a VERY NICE Studebaker Avanti, which has been in his family since purchased new.

PM me if seriously interested, I'll put you in touch with him....and I'm really not sure of the asking price.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a couple shots of old SN-60's '63 R2. Haven't got the dual quads on yet....hope they don't ruin how really nice this car runs!
                      If the linkage is 'progressive', the front carb will only be at idle till you get your foot into it. They run on the back carb 'primaries' then as you get into it the front car 'primaries begin to open, followed by the back carb 'secondaries' and last and finally the front carb 'secondaries'. If you are trying to set up the carbs by yourself, selection of jets and metering rods is critical and you should look for all the input from 'knowledgeable guys' that you can get. When you get them right, its phenomenal~!

Comment

Another view of the 26+ year old lacquer paint on my 'fun' Avanti!
                        Attached Files

Comment

A more recent engine shot............
                          Attached Files

Comment

A more recent engine shot............
                            Wowzers

Comment

Boo-hoo!...tonight was the last 'Saturday night cruise-in' for this season.....but on the bright side, my good friend Wayne showed up with his 1980 Avanti ll which he purchased from a gent from Wisconsin last year.

It's a REALLY nice Avanti with 46K (original), red leather interior & red carpet, real wire wheels & factory exterior luggage rack....The only thing Wayne's done to it is remove that ugly front 'cow catcher' bumper assy!

Here's my good old '63 & Wayne's '80...........
                              Attached Files

Comment

My friend Wayne (owner of the '80 Avanti ll above) did something quite unusual yesterday, (9/24/16),....He RE-PURCHASED a Studebaker which he owned and sold THIRTY YEARS AGO!!!!!!

This week Wayne is bringing home a rare 1963 Lark Daytona 'SKYTOP' model...289, p/s automatic....The Lark is still in great shape, needing only a bit of interior work....WAY TO GO WAYNE!!!

Wayne purchased the Skytop from Legendary motors of Beverly, Massachusetts.

Comment

Working...
                                X