Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pictures of a Hawk painted "Autumn Haze"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures of a Hawk painted "Autumn Haze"?

Just a thought has been rolling around in my mind, but I personally have never seen a hawk painted in Autumn Haze....Anyone have pictures of one?

Kent

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Just a thought has been rolling around in my mind, but I personally have never seen a hawk painted in Autumn Haze....Anyone have pictures of one?

Kent
    Yes. From South Bend in 1983...

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Kent
      Yes. From South Bend in 1983...

Craig

Comment

That color looks great. Do you have any more pictures from a different angle?

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

That color looks great. Do you have any more pictures from a different angle?

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Craig:

That is a stunning photo and I second the motion on the request if you have any more of that car. We also have a 61 Hawk that we think is Sudan Beige as it appears on the Ditzler color sample. We won't know until the Production Order arrives. The beige has a slight pink tint to it. About 75% of the car is the original paint. We don't know at this point how unusual it is to find a 61 Hawk in that color, but have never seen another.

Dean Croft
            Roseburg,OR

CLEM
            Dean

CLEM

Comment

Craig:

That is a stunning photo and I second the motion on the request if you have any more of that car. We also have a 61 Hawk that we think is Sudan Beige as it appears on the Ditzler color sample. We won't know until the Production Order arrives. The beige has a slight pink tint to it. About 75% of the car is the original paint. We don't know at this point how unusual it is to find a 61 Hawk in that color, but have never seen another.

Dean Croft
              Roseburg,OR

CLEM
              Dean

CLEM

Comment

I would call that Taupe.

Chris Pile
                The Studebaker Special
                Midway Chapter SDC
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I would call that Taupe.

Chris Pile
                  The Studebaker Special
                  Midway Chapter SDC
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Clem64

Craig:

Your car appears to be Desert Sand in color. As for other photos of that Autumn Haze example, I do have one other shot of it from the front.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Clem64

Craig:

Your car appears to be Desert Sand in color. As for other photos of that Autumn Haze example, I do have one other shot of it from the front.

Craig

Comment

8E45E- The gorgeous Hawk you posted from the '83 Meet is definitely not Autumn Haze (it is much darker), but rather the lighter Desert Sand color. Either way it is gorgeous. Wonder where that Hawk is now??

Christof Kheim
                        ---studesnbldr
                        christof@rockymountainstudebaker.net
                        Christof Kheim
                        ---studesnbldr
                        ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

8E45E- The gorgeous Hawk you posted from the '83 Meet is definitely not Autumn Haze (it is much darker), but rather the lighter Desert Sand color. Either way it is gorgeous. Wonder where that Hawk is now??

Christof Kheim
                          ---studesnbldr
                          Christof Kheim
                          ---studesnbldr
                          ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

Clem64- Sudan Beige was a Spring Color for 1960, not a '61 color. In your photograph your Hawk looks lighter than the Desert Sand one from the '83 SDC Meet, but lighting can play tricks and yours could also be Desert Sand. However, I'd be more inclined to say that your car could even be painted Pearl Beige, if it was a special order. Autumn Haze it is not; way too light. Let us know once the production order arrives. Regardless of the color, congrats on a beautiful Hawk.

Christof Kheim
                            ---studesnbldr
                            Christof Kheim
                            ---studesnbldr
                            ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

Clem64- Sudan Beige was a Spring Color for 1960, not a '61 color. In your photograph your Hawk looks lighter than the Desert Sand one from the '83 SDC Meet, but lighting can play tricks and yours could also be Desert Sand. However, I'd be more inclined to say that your car could even be painted Pearl Beige, if it was a special order. Autumn Haze it is not; way too light. Let us know once the production order arrives. Regardless of the color, congrats on a beautiful Hawk.

Christof Kheim
                              ---studesnbldr
                              Christof Kheim
                              ---studesnbldr
                              ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X