Looking for a 54 Commander Coupe driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 54 Commander Coupe driver

I have a friend who is diligently searching for a 1954 Commander, He wants a nice clean driver with little to no issues. I guess before You guys start ripping me about the rarity, affinity, and cost for one of these cars, just know My friend has the funds. Please post a pic if Your serious. Or send Me an email with pic and details and price to my personal email which is in My profile here. Have a fine day all!
    ~effiedude
    Patrick Sammon

Patrick
    As you are in Washington and I assume your friend is too.
    You should contact Allen Barth.
    He always has a few cars For Sale.
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Patrick,
      I have a buddy here in Bellingham with a good running 54 Coupe that was mine at one time. It is a 6 cylinder stick OD, however. If you are interested, let me know via PM and I'll put you in touch with him.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

You have to love this Forum!
        Ask and ye shall receive.
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Brian ....who owns that yellow 104" wheelbased Studebaker you posted shots of. I want to talk to that lad....more so the fellow who built it for him. That transaxle is still over at pic a part for 6200.00 with 30K miles on it. Allen could do a stude truck and car at the same time. Heck maybe the guy wants to sell the yellow one. Please let me know....thanks ....mike

BTW.....you can tell it is on a Corvette transaxle in the third photo.....intake of an LS1....and the motor sits behind the centerline of the front axle. Also ...why would they shorten it if it were not on the transaxle.
          Last edited by mike super; 11-23-2013, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Mike
            You have far too much money!
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

I have sold a few of the things we have been working on and reinvesting in other pieces that interest me. Plan was to build everything out I own, which I am doing, then only buy completed cars to enjoy. But Allen wants to do challenging projects, things he has not done before. Is his fault ....not mine !!! Let me know if you find out anything... we want to talk to them.

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
                Brian ....who owns that yellow 104" wheelbased Studebaker you posted shots of. I want to talk to that lad....more so the fellow who built it for him. That transaxle is still over at pic a part for 6200.00 with 30K miles on it. Allen could do a stude truck and car at the same time. Heck maybe the guy wants to sell the yellow one. Please let me know....thanks ....mike

BTW.....you can tell it is on a Corvette transaxle in the third photo.....intake of an LS1....and the motor sits behind the centerline of the front axle. Also ...why would they shorten it if it were not on the transaxle.
                Sorry, Mike
                I sort of skipped over this because I have no info on this car , other than I think it is Florida??? Could be wrong.
                I just grabbed the photos for my personal Studebaker album, from an earlier post here on the Forum or Google Images???
                Good Luck with your quest.
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Oops!
                  Sorry to steal your thread "effiedude"
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

effiedude: I see you have Fords and Studebakers, but I don't see an effie...which is 'Ford speak' for 1953/56 pickups.

A friend of mine is a city councilman in Sedro-Wooley, owns quite a diverse collection of 'old rolling piles of misery.'

Comment

WinM1895, Actually I got the "effiedude" moniker when I built My last 56 Ford "Winchell's donut" delivery truck I got from Upland California a few years ago, Sold it to a fellow in Durango Colorado. I have had 8 - 53-56 F100's since I was a teen. Last 20 years I've been mostly 64-66 F100's and have a nice original Survivor 1966 F100. By the way Effie's refer to any classic F series Ford truck! Have a fine day all!
                      Patrick
                      Patrick Sammon

Comment

Originally posted by effiedude View Post
                        WinM1895, Actually I got the "effiedude" moniker when I built My last 56 Ford "Winchell's donut" delivery truck I got from Upland California a few years ago, Sold it to a fellow in Durango Colorado. I have had 8 - 53-56 F100's since I was a teen.

Last 20 years I've been mostly 64-66 F100's and have a nice original Survivor 1966 F100. By the way Effie's refer to any classic F series Ford truck!
                        I've been a member of FTE ~ Ford Truck Enthusiasts (ford-trucks.com) for the past 7 years and as the 'partsman in residence' have typed over 50,000 posts, decoded over 1000 VIN's and Rating/Warranty Plates. Over 80% of the posts contain Ford part numbers, I look up obsolete part numbers for members, search for them on 3 websites, post the results.

I first found the term 'Effie' in the 1948/56 forum as that's what members referred to '53/56's as. 1957/60's are called Fridges, 1961/66's are Slicks, 1967/72's are Bumps or Bumpsides, 1973/79's are Dents or Dentsides.

slick60's.com is devoted to 1961/66 'nuts.'

In March 1965, I bought a new F100 (F10DR6398XX) from Stockton Quincy Ford in Westwood, where I was the back (shop) parts counterman. I've also owned 3 '56's, one with the big back window.

I met the Sedro-Woolley councilman on FTE, his user name is wagonerki. I've been to his house, he's stayed at mine. He has, among other things, a 1966 F350 w/the 9' Express Flareside bed. He contacted me recently, located a 1966 F250 Ranger Camper Special, wanted to know if I was interested. No, too far away.

There's a rare 1956 C600 tow truck located next to a repair shop in Twisp and if you like Mack Bulldogs, there's one parked in a shed along with old farm equipment in Brewster.

btw: The 1964/72 Ford Truck Parts Catalog is available on a CD from hipoparts.com
                        Last edited by WinM1895; 11-25-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

WinM1985~ Thanks for all the info, But since You've been to Sedro Woolley you know that I live in a farming community where 54-66 Ford trucks are either still on the road, or there are a ton of them in fields, barns and sheds all over. A lot of people wince when they hear about a vehicle runner or project from My area of Northwestern Washington State. But surprisingly the only time I ever have a problem with them is when the tires deflate and the car starts to become One with the dirt. What really surprises Me the most is the enormous amount of Studebaker cars on Washington Craigslist Next time You search Washington go to Skagit/Island County, Bellingham, Seattle, and Spokane. I advise to those who follow my heed better you have a nice dry towel to mop up the drool! Keep it on the road Guys and Gals!
                          ~effiedude
                          Patrick Sammon

Comment

Working...
                          X