1920 Oil fields Dodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1920 Oil fields Dodge

I did a check to see if this had been on the forum before. I didn't find anything.

Last edited by Sam Ensley; 11-20-2013, 11:40 AM.

What a cool video. Those cars were built tough!!!

Comment

While I was working in Tulsa, Oklahoma about 12-13 years ago, I went to a local museum there and they had a "Tulsa" truck that the owner said they were built in Tulsa for use in the oil fields.. This vehicle except for the sedan part looked very similar to the Dodge in the video.. There was one difference though, the Tulsa had a red triangular emblem on the radiator shroud(grille).. Does anyone know about them.. The museum, I think has since closed as I've not been able to contact to confirm..

Comment

SURE glad that the roads today are a LOT better!!

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Benaslopoke Ido not know if it is the same one or not,but 2 or 3 years ago there was a Tulsa oil truck on display in the tulsa air port.

Comment

Originally posted by benaslopoke View Post
            While I was working in Tulsa, Oklahoma about 12-13 years ago, I went to a local museum there and they had a "Tulsa" truck that the owner said they were built in Tulsa for use in the oil fields.. This vehicle except for the sedan part looked very similar to the Dodge in the video.. There was one difference though, the Tulsa had a red triangular emblem on the radiator shroud(grille).. Does anyone know about them.. The museum, I think has since closed as I've not been able to contact to confirm..
            Triangular emblem would be a Hudson, Dodge used a Star of David emblem.

Comment

Somebody needed a back brace the day after that was filmed.
              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
              Lizella, GA

Comment

Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                Triangular emblem would be a Hudson, Dodge used a Star of David emblem.
                Dodge people insist it is a Double Delta, arranged to appear like the familiar Star of David.

Craig

Comment

It's makes you laugh at the guy with an old car that's scared to drive it around the block!
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Truly amazing film especially considering they probably lacked a limited slip diff back then.
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                    X