SDC Forum Policies and Terms of Service
Revised 30 October 2013
New Members Note: SDC FORUM REGISTRATION IS NOT TIED TO YOUR ONLINE SDC MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT!
- The SDC Members Area and the SDC Forum are two separate systems. For security reasons, they DO NOT share the same login information. You must set up two separate accounts.
- If you are a guest of the SDC Forum and have not joined yet, please do! You can register here.
- All questions regarding your SDC Forum account should be directed to forumadmin (at) studebakerdriversclub.com
- If you have not already set up your online SDC "membership" account you can do so by going to the SDC Home Page and clicking the "Member Area" link in the upper right corner. Or, Click Here.
- All questions regarding your SDC Membership account are to be directed to sdc (at) cornerstonereg.com
General Forum Participation Agreement
By registering and posting in the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum, you agree to be bound and to abide by the following rules and codes of conduct.
In order to use these forums, users are required to provide:
- A User Name and password. Inappropriate or indecent user names will not be permitted.
- A valid, permanent e-mail address (no disposable or "throwaway" email accounts).
- Your real first and last name. Registrations with single-letter names may be deleted at the discretion of the Administrator.
- Optional: your location (city, state, country). While this is optional, we strongly suggest including it in your profile.
Neither the Studebaker Drivers Club Inc., the Administrators of this Forum, or the Moderators participating are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information. Users who wish to keep personal details such as name and contact information private may do so by modifying their account settings as described here.
Discussion and Conduct Policy:
- Personal conduct is expected to be courteous and respectful to all others, even when there are differences of opinions.
- Disputes or personal issues with vendors or other Forum members are not to be discussed on this Forum. Doing so will result in the discussion being locked or deleted at the Administrator's or Moderator's discretion.
- Political, religious, racial and volatile subjects are not permitted in any of these forums. Toxic subjects include but are not limited to:
- Arguments based on political viewpoints concerning the policies and politics of the United States or any International government.
- Arguments for or against religion or religious points of view.
- Defamation of any person, persons or ethnic groups.
- Personal attacks upon Forum members.
- The administrator and moderators may edit, delete or move any threads deemed inappropriate. Repeated violations of forum rules can lead to temporary suspension, or permanent banning.
SDC Forum Advertising Policy
The following policy, having been established and approved by the Studebaker Drivers Club Board of Directors, was placed in effect on 24 February, 2006:
- Studebaker vehicles or parts may be posted in the “General Studebaker Discussion” Forum of our SDC website with the following limitations:
- A single posting may contain no more than 5 vehicles or items for sale.
- Only one (1) posting per week will be accepted listing vehicles or items for sale from each participant.
- Advertisers who have had their Turning Wheels advertising privileges revoked and not reinstated are not permitted to list vehicles or parts for sale on the SDC Forum.
- Complaints regarding Forum advertisers will be directed to the Turning Wheels Complaints Arbiter, and the same standards will apply to forum advertisers as Turning Wheels advertisers. These standards are printed in Turning Wheels each month and are also available online here.
The SDC Forum has no affiliation with studebakerswap.com or any other online Forum or marketplace wherein Studebaker parts, used or new, are offered for sale.
Posting Guidelines: Help Others Help You
When posting inquiries and replying to requests for information, problem, parts/cars wanted or for sale, PLEASE be sure to include:
- Choose a topic title that is to the point and descriptive of the topic. One-word topics such as "Wanted" or "Selling" are of little use to anyone!
- Include the city and state in which you and/or the vehicle are located.
- Include the model and year of the Studebaker being discussed, and as much detail as you can provide.
Posting links to other Web resources, such as News or Information sites, Craigslist, eBay or other online marketplaces are allowed.
Posting excerpts from these listings or content is allowed under Fair Use rules.
Copying and pasting wholesale content is not allowed and violates copyright protection. Such postings will be deleted or modified at the Administrator's or Moderator's discretion.