Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 1950 Champion Windshield Center Post Trim - Inner and Outer

All,

Any leads for these items would be appreciated. I have the new seal parts from SI and would like to have the trim pieces to finish it off. The car does not have the outer chrome trim and judging from the posts about installing it, that's a good thing. I think the part numbers I need are 284446 (outer) and 284447P (inner).
    The two piece windshield is currently installed with clear RTV instead of a center post and leaks at the outer corners, amazingly enough! I'm getting ready to repaint the car from black to 1954 Vista Green and this is the perfect time to fix the windshield seal.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    1950 Champion Sedan - Kid Car

You can find them through this vendor on page 2. https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...t_id=4754.8123

Comment

I have an old 1950 parts car down the hill. I will look tomorrow. I know it has the stainless outside piece, but I will see what condition the inside piece is in. I will email you back.
      Sam Ensley

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	M1530002.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	16843851950 Champion 9G, 4 door, 170 w/ 3 speed with OD. Good luck on you windshield. Clothes line soaped up works real well for the gasket to pull it over the body flange. And the center trim pieces are a snap. But, you are right about the outside reveal molding. All the shop manual says is install it when the window is in....The reveal molding fits so tight into the gasket it's difficult to get in. It actually pushes the gasket against the window. I'm in the process currently of installing the reveal molding. I thought it interesting when a buddy mentioned using a hockey puck to tap the reveal molding in with a rubber hammer. I bought the puck today and have a rubber mallet, we'll see how it goes. You might try "Howards Parts" 1.402.457.4407 ask for Frank, Nice, friendly and trustworthy Rick

Comment

Thanks, Guys!

Comment

A huge Thank You! to Sam for pulling and mailing these parts. Your generous assistance is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X