No announcement yet.

Idaho Potato Commerical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone ought to give them a call and thank them for the exposure.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

awesome !!!!

Comment

Thank you to ALL of you who have been posted about the 1955 E7 Ccab in the Idaho Potato commercial! I was just told to register and come join the forum. Yes, I'm the owner of the beautiful red/white studebaker pick up. We were living a dream to beat out 30 other trucks in Idaho to make the cut. To me Studebaker has the only good looking trucks out there to restore. Please keep enjoying the commercial, I am once a day if not more. Thanks!

Comment

Good questionDwain, In Idaho to use the original vintage license plates as my plates I haveto place a 05 (May) 2014 sticker on it like the "new" vehicles. Iknow, looks a bit different, but it is Idaho....

Comment

it's really great to hear from you, "Mortstudi"!!!

could you post more pics here of your special Studebaker?
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

The comercial is extra special for me. I have a bloodhound. And Miss Scarlet, Loves to ride in the back of my Studebaker truck. The dog in the AD looks very much like Scarlet's Sire, Ol'Nate. Short for CSA General Nathan Bedford Forrest.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Really cool ad, Diane. Wish Pete (my truck) had gotten some exposure like that back when he was bright and shiny! This is what he looked like in 1997 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pete3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1684848
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm glad your truck made the cut, but it would be cool to see all the other trucks who got to try out as well.

How'd that casting process go? How'd you find out about it, and such?

Comment

Originally posted by Mortstudi View Post
                    Thank you to ALL of you who have been posted about the 1955 E7 Ccab in the Idaho Potato commercial! I was just told to register and come join the forum. Yes, I'm the owner of the beautiful red/white studebaker pick up. We were living a dream to beat out 30 other trucks in Idaho to make the cut. To me Studebaker has the only good looking trucks out there to restore. Please keep enjoying the commercial, I am once a day if not more. Thanks!
                    You won't get any argument from me. The little green 1955 E-5 you see in my signature pic wasn't quite as 'spensive as your fancier E-7. This coming year will mark 40 years since it came under my care. Mine was the cheapest little truck Studebaker offered in 1955. Since I have owned it, I have added aftermarket turn signals. That meant adding a passenger side tail light. Two tail lights were "optional" back then. Also, I have added an inside rear view mirror, a passenger side outside rear view mirror, the optional rear bumper, a period correct aftermarket AM radio, correct 6volt electric wiper motor, and, best of all...an overdrive transmission.

True to its humble origin...it still only has only one sun-visor (for the driver).

Welcome to the forum. I love the truck...and the dog! Just make sure the folks using it for the commercial pay you enough to offset the scratches those bloodhound claws put into your paint.
                    Last edited by jclary; 11-26-2013, 06:31 PM.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

To me Studebaker has the only good looking trucks out there to restore.

Congrats on being selected and welcome to the Board.

I did my Champ in the red and cream scheme too and even though it is far from a show car, someone takes a picture of it about every 3 to 4 times I drive it.

You have an awesome unit and we hope to see more of it.

Comment

Diane, How your truck got picked and how the commercial got made would be a good story to send into TURNING WHEELS. I wish my truck looked like that!

Comment

I can't tell I should have signed up sooner for this forum, you all are just wonderful.

LeoH - how we got the casting - The Idaho Potato commission was looking for a Idaho pickup truck, not a hot rod and their first choice was red. An email was sent out to a few Idaho car clubs but it never found it's way to us. We were found at a 4th of July show & shine and had 2 scouts for the commission come up and take photos. The next morning a producer out of LA called and the rest is history. It pays to melt in the heat at a car show.

Kerry (Corvanti) - Here's some more photo's as you requested.Click image for larger version

Name:	melba tour 2013 (299)[1].jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1686929Click image for larger version

Name:	FatherDayShow061910 004.jpg
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1686930Click image for larger version

Name:	WarhawkMusNampa101610 009.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1686931

Comment

We submitted something to Turning Wheels so keep an eye out. In Ames Iowa 2 years ago we saw a 1955 red/white under a tarp at Christmas time but the owners were not home. Then we came back in just a couple months and it was gone. Are you close to Ames?

Comment

Kind of makes you wonder how long it took them to find the giant potato, doesn't it?

<snip>L
                              eoH - how we got the casting - The Idaho Potato commission was looking for a Idaho pickup truck, not a hot rod and their first choice was red. An email was sent out to a few Idaho car clubs but it never found it's way to us. We were found at a 4th of July show & shine and had 2 scouts for the commission come up and take photos. The next morning a producer out of LA called and the rest is history. It pays to melt in the heat at a car show.
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Kerry (Corvanti) - Here's some more photo's as you requested.[ATTACH=CONFIG]30579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30581[/ATTACH]
                                Beautiful!!!

thanks, Diane (and Hubby). i'm sure we all would love to hear some details about the rebuild. and, there is no such thing about too many pics!
                                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                                X