Advance Auto Parts Buys Carquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
    My wife and I went to the opening of one of the Target stores here (not the one in my post above ). Target supposedly spent $2 million renovating it. It looked exactly the same inside as the old Zellers store it replaced. We both wondered where the money had gone.
    I would guess most likely in the things you DON'T see in the name of energy efficiency. If it really was a run down old building, the could have easily changed out the former HVAC with a brand new LEEDS building management system. That alone is a major cost factor, not to mention new windows, etc.

Craig

Comment

These could be a mixed blessing for us in the West where there are NO Advance Stores. We get NO Tax and most times Free shipping from Advance.

Now if our Local CARQUEST becomes an Advanced, we will pay Tax. I have always found Advance to have good prices on line, which is of course the Only way I can buy from them currently.

This will be a HUGE Plus for Advanced to go to the Mid West and the very Big West of the Rockies Market, without building a Single Store!

Thanks Jeff, (I think!) for warning us of another pending DOOM, as if the Broke U.S. Government was not enough!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 10-19-2013, 04:32 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X