Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Stubebaker SCOTTSMAN couch! rear end of scottsman. $200.00

Hello,
    (I just got guidance that this is actually a Champion, so, I changed the text)
    I have a 1957 CHAMPION Rear end, that was made into a couch. It has since been left outside, and needs to be restored, but no rust! It even still has the gas tank, and trunk hinges! It also has a closeable shelf area in the rear (old front of car?) I had wanted to restore it myself, but that option has left the building.. I am moving soon, and dont want it to go to just scrap... Please consider this, even if to save it for another in the future!
    I am disabled, and cant help much with moving it. looking for local pickup, but if you arrange it, it can be shipped, just need the manpower to move it..
    I am in Riverside, California.
    It has lots of potential, it could be a child's bed, or put a cooler in it and its a great garage beermachine, or display for your business, or?...
    Thanks for looking,
    Marc
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1740666Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1740667Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0005.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1740668Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0007.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1740669Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0001.jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1740665
    Last edited by citizenmarc; 09-25-2013, 01:22 PM. Reason: error correcting

Wow Marc, that looks like it was quite nicely none, it's too bad it got left outside, but it does have useable parts left on it for a car or could be raised up higher and made back into a Bench if someone nearby could pick it up.

Hey Ross, where are you? Maybe Warren could pick it up for you.

Thank you very much Marc for posting that here, you came to the RIGHT place!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Funny...! How often do you see a couch advertised with "no rust"!

Comment

Not that it matters much, but I doubt this was from a Scotsman. You can clearly see the side trim mounting holes down each side. Had to be a Commander or a Champion. Certainly worth saving!
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rear-quarter-800x431.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1683903Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0007.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1683904OK, I now believe its a champion, with the trim holes... I is no expert, relying on my own research, and tips from others...
          Thanx for the catch there tho, good eye.
          Last edited by citizenmarc; 09-25-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X