No announcement yet.

Old-time Sluggish Automatic Transmission Remedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I couldn't tell you...just that's what I was told by someone somewhere way back in time."

Actually you heard that from Gomer after Ellen Corby (Grandma Walton) stuck Barney with a bad used car on an episode of the Andy Griffin Show. (And yes, it WAS a Ford!)

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
      "I couldn't tell you...just that's what I was told by someone somewhere way back in time."

Actually you heard that from Gomer after Ellen Corby (Grandma Walton) stuck Barney with a bad used car on an episode of the Andy Griffin Show. (And yes, it WAS a Ford!)
      With this level of expertise, this forum will never be surpassed by those stupid Ford and Chevy forums!

(AND YES, I'm kidding!)
      Corley

Comment

Enjoy the post ,but won't add anything !
        Randy Wilkin
        1946 M5 Streetrod
        Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

I bought a used transmission for my Oldsmobile from a U-pull it yard for $25.00 years ago and after a year it slipped so bad it was just about undriveable. A few pints of brake fluid let me drive it for another two years. Like mentioned if the problem is worn seals then this will help.

Comment

I have had good results with Trans-X, but I would hesitate to use brake fluid, because it is alcohol-based, and not miscible with oil.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
            X