Thread: 1954 Hardtop and 1953 2 door sedan for sale

Champion Member

1954 Hardtop and 1953 2 door sedan for sale

I bought a 1953 2 door sedan, a 1954 hardtop, lots of NOS parts, and lots of used parts about 25 years ago and never got around to finishing the cars. I have had them in storage for almost 20 years now and I figure that if I haven't gotten to them by now, I probably never will. I have decided that I want to sell all of my Studebaker stuff.

The 1954 hardtop is a champion, but I do not have a Champion engine or a title for it. I bought the car from an older gentleman in 1988 or 1989. He said that his family owned a Studebaker dealership and he put new chrome on the car in the 1970s from what his family had leftover from the dealership. I have taken the chrome except for the bumpers off the car and have kept them stored inside shortly after purchasing the car. I have never seen backup lights for a 53 or 54 C/K for sale and assume that they are not very common. All of the chrome can be used as is for a show car. The hood is not kinked. The only thing the hood needs is to be painted your favorite color. There is the start of the typical rust by the passenger side vent, but the other 3 fenders do not seem to have any rust issues. The car would need rocker panels and some minor rust repair to the floor pans and trunk floor. I have a 1954 259 and a 1962 289 if someone wanted to put a V-8 in it. Make me an offer.

The sedan is an early 1953 F body Champion with the tri-star emblem on the hood. It has a good Texas title. It was completely rebuilt mechanically. The engine has less than 10K miles on it since the rebuild. It has new brakes, brake lines, master and slave cylinders with silicon brake fluid. I have replaced the vacuum wipers with electric. New voltage regulator, rebuilt generator, new gas tank sender. The car has factory turn signals. I got most of the way through the metal work when my ex decided that she had other ways to spend my money. The trunk floor was replaced with a rust free one from a parts car. I have Classic Enterprises floor pans. The passenger side was installed but I never got to the driver side. It does not require the back part of the CE floor pans. I have a complete spare set of body panels for this car - 4 fenders, 2 doors, hood, trunk, rocker panels, and the front part that holds the grills. I also have a set of 1954 Sedan grills that are in very good shape. They are starting to show some frosting, but would be great for a driver. I would be willing to make a deal for the car with as much or as little of the spare parts as you want.

I also have a 10 x 10 storage locker filled with NOS and used parts. Send me a PM with your email for the list. Or maybe I should say "list in progress" as I have not finished listing and identifying everything. According to Google Maps, the cars are 54 miles away from the zone meet in Waxahachie, TX. I plan on attending and can deliver parts to the meet. I am not sure that I could get either of the cars loaded on a trailer by myself, but I would certainly help load if you bought one.20130914_182041.jpgIMG_1705.JPGIMG_1706.JPGIMG_1714.JPG20130908_164805.jpg

Silver Hawk Member
    You've got some GOODIES there! A couple of nice cars too! Good luck!