Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husker Chapter Stormin' the Coffee Cruise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husker Chapter Stormin' the Coffee Cruise!

If you live within any reasonable distance of Omaha, Nebraska (and maybe even if you only live a marginally unreasonable distance away), I hope you will team up with several of the members of the Husker Chapter who will be bringing their cars to the Coffee Cruise, located at the West Maple (156th and Maple Streets) Hy Vee grocery store in their west lot.

This is one of my favorite recurring Saturday morning events. There are usually 125+ cars in attendance, so this is a great way to show off your Studebaker.

I was just going to make a whiney statement that I'm the only Studebaker that ever shows up there, but while looking at the pictures from recent cruises, I see that a nice looking '62 Convertible showed up on 8/24, on of the few weeks I was gone. (Ironically, I was meeting other Stude folks at the opposite end of the metro for breakfast that day! I wonder if that guy just didn't get the memo...) Regardless, you should bring your cars. Every week there's a "Mustang section". On IDYSD, there aught to be a Stude section, too.

Hope to see you there!
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

I've been jonesing for a good car show lately. There is nothing in Sioux city anymore. City keeps canceling all the good shows. They even ruined rockin rodz where we normally get to see cars drag race in the streets of down town. How many members will make you think will make it? I want to get my mine street legal by next IDYSD.

Comment

I think that's a reasonable goal, judging from the pics I've seen of your car. Next time I know I'll be up in the area I can bring a hammer and help you beat on it a while .

Omaha's got some great car shows. I go to a lot of the cruise-in type shows, as they're less formal, usually situated near someplace to eat, and have a good crowd. This week I'm not going to be able to make it, but whenever I can I like to hit the one at Quaker Steak & Lube in Council Bluffs on Thursdays. Lots of unique stuff and rodders there. Usually at least 120 cars every week. The Coffee cruise (the one we're raiding this upcoming week) is probably my go-to activity, as it's weekly, well organized, and fairly popular on the West end of town. It's about the same size as Quaker Steak in terms of cars, but a very different scene. Some rods, a few performance/race vehicles, but the majority of the cars are mostly original old steel. Neat show to see.

As far as Studebaker numbers go, your guess is as good as mine. There are a lot of factors going into this. It's our first organized attempt to do something formal on IDYSD (as far as I know, anyway). It also competes with our usual Studebaker breakfast, and tradition is hard to change. On the flip side, It's scheduled to rain on Sunday, and that's our monthly chapter meeting. Maybe a few people will bring their cars out on Saturday hoping to show them off at least once in the weekend. I'm going to be optimistic and hope for a dozen Studes at the show, but that number could be off by 11 or more either way.

For anyone wanting to come, the festivities start at 7:30, and usually conclude around 9:30. Truly, it's a great show, even without Studebakers, so if a few show up, it can only get better.

See ya Saturday!
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
      X