Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers invited to Lincoln show, Sat Sept 7, Hamilton ON

Hi all--

Getting a quick plug in here on the Forum before heading off to work...Saturday September 7 in Hamilton's Bayfront Park there's a car show running in conjunction with a Lincoln club meet in the city that week, and we (the Stude community) have been invited to show our cars and trucks alongside the Lincolns. Reason? This is the first time for this meet in Hamilton, and Studebaker, from 1948 to 1966, was "Hamilton's Own Car". Stu Chapman is the speaker at the meet banquet, too. I've had positive responses from several Hamilton Chapter folks already and am hoping for a Stude turnout to rival the 33-vehicle muster at the plant in October 2012, to really "wow" the Lincoln folks (coming from as far as Texas) and maybe make a Studebaker convert or two! The timing of the show is Saturday September 7 1-5pm, the location is Bayfront Park on the Hamilton waterfront. Hope to see plenty of Studes and drivers there! PM me if interested.

Cheers

Steve Tournay (SDC Hamilton Chapter)

I can't make it but would sure like to see some photos of the event after it is over.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Bump! Giving this event another little marketing shove...inspired by Bob's efforts re Thunder On The Grand!

S.

Comment

I'm sure , as long as the weather co-operates , you will have a good turn out of Studebakers Steve. I know this guy will be there for sure since it will be about my last chance for anything car related in September for me due to a wedding and a planned vacation , hope the weather is as good as last weekends was.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'm sure Steve T will add lots of pictures after the show....should be interesting.
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Another shameless marketing bump! And yes, I'll be taking plenty of pix. The main organizer (a Lincoln guy, of course) tells me there should be 22 Lincolns of various vintages at Bayfront. I'm hoping we can outnumber (and/or overwhelm) that turnout!

S.

Comment

I plan on being there.
              Bob
              Bob
              Welland Ontario
              60 Lark Convertible
              64 Daytona
              sigpic
              "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Thanks go out to the intrepid SDCers who came to Bayfront Park yesterday...the meet was titled "Lincolns in the City of Waterfalls", but I found myself bidding folks welcome to "Lincolns in the City of Falling Water" instead...the rain started fairly early in the morning, and the persistent drizzle did not let up until (perversely) just after the last of us departed Bayfront. Most of the Lincoln contingent had already been warned off and simply stayed at the Visitors Inn hotel. In all, at maximum we had seven SDCers, four Studebakers, three Lincolns and an Imperial in the paved lot at Bayfront in the rain. I'll be posting photos soon. By mid afternoon the weather was fairly nice, and the judged part of the Lincoln meet proceeded at the hotel instead of at Bayfront; among those doing the judging was Hamilton's mayor, Bob Bratina, who is a Jaguar enthusiast himself (and accordingly Mayor's Choice in the show was a '50 Lincoln that was within an ace of British Racing Green!). Excepting the rained-out park show, the remainder of the meet went very well indeed, and there was still Studebaker content, the address at the closing banquet yesterday evening (at the Royal Hamilton Yacht Club) being delivered by Studebaker Canada's and SDC's own Stu Chapman. All in all, the meet was a success for all the clubs involved (Lincoln and Stude alike) and for my hometown Hamilton, too. Thanks to all...just wish that low-pressure cell had come through a few hours sooner!!

S.

Comment

Working...
                X