Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for a Studebaker in the south bend area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a Studebaker in the south bend area.

im looking for a decent derivable Studebaker in the south bend area. i would like to get one before my 20th birthday. im not looking for a high dollar car just a cheaper car someone has lost interest in. id like a nice 2 door lark or a champ pickup.i cant afford a hole lot but i would like to get something i dont have to do alot of major work.anything i can afford is a few states away or needs one of everything.
    i have been in the hobby for a while and i finally sold my corvair so its finally time to get a stude of my own.
    if you have a car or know of one for sale please let me know
    thanks for any help.

This is a good place to start, Corey. A few more specifics would help:

1. Do you have to have an automatic transmission?

2. Really, in what price range are you shopping? I don't think there are any turn-key cars that would fill your bill for, say, $1,000, so it would help to know what you are thinking of spending.

3. What are the limits of your present mechanical aptitude? Could you handle a brake job, for example?

Best wishes with the search. I'll give some thought as to what might be available here in central Indiana. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Corey is a good friend of mine, and I will be around to help out any way I can on whatever car he finds. Right now neither of us have a spare trans laying around. I'll be a good friend and say that if he needs something off my parts car I'll let him have access to it... Maybe... Depends on the day lol
      Corey is a good guy though. I've been pestering him to join the SDC but he's been collecting memorabilia almost a long as I have. Let's try to find him a car.

I'll add that this dude is sort of like my evil twin... He had a sweet '64 Corvair that he sold specifically to get a Studebaker. It was a well taken care of car.
      Last edited by Chris_Dresbach; 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

i can drive either transmissions. i want to keep it under 4,000. and i know and can lean how to do alot but i dont want to have to replace the motor and tranny or needs the whole body redone. ill consider anything just havent found the one yet

Comment

i have a great collection started and if i dont own it i bet i have sold it to chris. i just dont want a massive project i wana be able to drive it as i work on it. i can even offer a studebaker JR. as a trade piece.

Comment

There's that bondotastic GT hawk, I think is still for sale. I would consider having a car shipped if you find the right car far out of state

Comment

Searching is part of the fun. You could post a 'want ad' in Craigslist for a Studebaker as well as search the local Craigslist ads often. Also, let the local Studebaker club chapter know that you are looking for a Studebaker as one of the local members may have a 'spare' to sell you. Furthermore, attending local car shows and discussing Studebakers may also bring you leads to finding the Studebaker you want. One last bit of advice, don't ride with Chris in his Studebaker as he drives it like NASCAR! Good luck with your search.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

yea i go to the shows and have been looking. there is a guy that has 3 larks in his yard but i when i stop no one is ever home. yea i have been in chris's car scary... he let me drive it twice tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                  Searching is part of the fun. You could post a 'want ad' in Craigslist for a Studebaker as well as search the local Craigslist ads often. Also, let the local Studebaker club chapter know that you are looking for a Studebaker as one of the local members may have a 'spare' to sell you. Furthermore, attending local car shows and discussing Studebakers may also bring you leads to finding the Studebaker you want. One last bit of advice, don't ride with Chris in his Studebaker as he drives it like NASCAR! Good luck with your search.
                  I can't help it. The R1 badge on the grille makes Ely think he's a racecar!
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

old ely needs to be fixed up and back on the road before it can even try to be a race car again...

Comment

How 'bout a pick up truck....there is one forsale in Niles.
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I was there 40 years ago, Corey. ..and I found my first Stude in a driveway close to South Bend, Elkart, for $200. Towed it to Canada and drove it for a few years the way I bought it. $4000 should get you a decent driver. Serendipity worked for me. Was just driving by and saw it. Knocked on the door and paid the asking price. I was thrilled.
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

What kind or pick up is for sale in niles? I'm interested.

Comment

.............. '49 2r10
                            sigpic

Comment

This is the truck
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X