Stepside Champ Bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepside Champ Bed?

Hey guys, I'm rebuilding a '62 champ, and I'm looking for an earlier champ stepside for it, because the dodge bed that came stock just doesn't look right. If anybody has one kicking around they're looking to sell, or know of someone who does, please let me know. I have some various Stude parts to trade or sell as well, I have a complete Champ front end, 5 studebaker rims, and a 1962 straight six motor with a paired three speed transmission.

If I remember, Richard Hinchcliff in Buckeye had one.

Comment

Go to Craigslist utica ny , type in studebaker in search there is one there. I dont know if its what u are looking for but good luck.

Comment

Another solution is to narrow the bed that you have. They look good when the bed is not wider than the cab.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Some have use a Ranger bed that has the "Flareside" fenders. Perhaps Craig can post a picture. He usually has one!
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

There was a fellow at the Glendale, AZ meet a couple of years ago who made some molds from Dodge truck fenders and then cast his fenders in fiberglass. That was one of the best-looking rigs I've seen. The Dodge fenders fit the profile of the Champ cab better.

Comment

Working...
            X