No announcement yet.

Needed: Recommendation for BEST place to acquire parts for 1963 Lark v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Needed: Recommendation for BEST place to acquire parts for 1963 Lark v8

Good Morning, Club Forum! I need advice on the best place (price and quality) to get the following items for my Lark: 1) Brake Drums (front and rear) 2) Dust covers / outer metal covers, 3)Front grease seals, 4) Front and Rear Brake Hoses, 5) Wheel cylinders (front and rear), 6) Front and Rear Spring Kits and 7) Front and Rear HEAVY DUTY Shocks. I'm not real experienced yet with maintenance on my car, but hopefully the more seasoned veterans on this site can help me out. Thanks again - as always!!! Have a great weekend! - Chris

Hey Chris...check out Studebaker International....http://www.studebaker-intl.com
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

The brake drums will be the hardest to find. Some vendors will have NOS ones and most Studebaker parts vendors will have good used ones. The brake cylinders and hoses can be obtained from either a Studebaker Parts vendor as they have been reproduced or if you have a good old time auto parts store near you they will also be able to get them. The same holds true with the shocks. I am not sure what you mean when you say spring kits. If you mean bushings then the vendors will also have them. We in Studebaker land are very fortunate to have so many parts available to us. A fairly good list of Stude vendors can be found at www.studebakervendors.com. You may also contact members of your local SDC chapter to see where they get their parts from.
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Chris, I have also found that NAPA Auto has parts for Studebakers. Check them out.

Mark

Comment

I got my rear brake drums from Bob Peterson, who runs C & B Studebaker in California. He's here on the Forum all the time; PM him! His username is candbstudebakers .

Cheers!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations to the OP on the second-coolest name on this forum, just behind 'drpreposterous'.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
            X