Not too bad for a nice speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too bad for a nice speedster

Huh it feels expensive but restored I se them go for 50,000 so....... You'll never restore one for that, and if they'll work the price down a little bit http://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/3795232182.html

I wonder if Jack Vines knows this car. Is that a correct Speedster color?
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

A Speedster completely in white? By the way, I found an interesting site with lots of pictures of 1955 Speedsters.

http://www.flickriver.com/groups/165...l/interesting/
      sigpic

Comment

Lot of very nice 55's, wish Studebaker would have fixed the hood to grille alignment, Some were perfect many were not.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
          A Speedster completely in white? By the way, I found an interesting site with lots of pictures of 1955 Speedsters.

http://www.flickriver.com/groups/165...l/interesting/
          Thanks for posting this link, great pictures. If these had been Chevrolets they would have sold hundreds of thousands.
          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
          50 Champion 2 door*
          53 Commander K Auto*
          53 Commander K overdrive*
          55 President Speedster
          62 GT 4Speed*
          63 Avanti R1*
          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I'd be suspicious of any Speedster with a 2BBL Stromberg. Looks like a nice clone, to me. Need some numberss.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
              I'd be suspicious of any Speedster with a 2BBL Stromberg. Looks like a nice clone, to me. Need some numberss.
              Well of course but if it's real then........... It has the right upolstery which most clones don't.

Comment

Nothing about that engine seems original to a Speedster. That upholstery is not original to a 55 Speedster, either. The Leather in my Acrua was cracked after 5 years. A look at the firewall plate would be the only way to tell if this is a Speedster or a clone. How would you know what "most clones" have?
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                  Nothing about that engine seems original to a Speedster. That upholstery is not original to a 55 Speedster, either. The Leather in my Acrua was cracked after 5 years. A look at the firewall plate would be the only way to tell if this is a Speedster or a clone. How would you know what "most clones" have?
                  There are tons of people that slap some fog lights and a two tone paint job on their 55' commander and call it a speedster.That is for the most part what I'm talking about. This very well may not be a real speedster, but it does have the dash, the seats, abd many other defining characteristics of a real speedster. This could be a fairly well done clone, I didn't think it was just because of the super sloppy under hood redo, no one that did that terrible of a job under the hood would have went through the effort to find the correct dash, and paid the price for the super fancy seats, which I didn't say were original just the right style. I guess I wouldn't know what most well done clones have, but if you browse all craigslist ads all over America for any C/K, you'll begin to notice that anyone with a 55' K coupe with fog lights calls their car a speedster, which is not really A clone, but it is what I was talking about. I only posted this because I thought if it was real it should be brought to the clubs attention.

Comment

Working...
                  X