Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South bend trip, Just how jealous should I be??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great time was had by all & the weather was totally perfect for a successful event. I brought some parts I had picked up in private collections while on my way, and bought & sold many good items. Many thanks to Chris, who grabbed the '58 G Hawk seats which Ed Pamer left outside for me, and also thanks to Jn McCall, Jim Kranak, & Doug Yates for all of the help. It was nice meeting Brad & Clyde for first time and seeing all of the usual suspects.
    Dale was one on a list of no-shows I was sorry not 2-c this time. :Lets try to do better in July, guys!
    Will Rogers said that a good deal never hurt anyone, but that too many good deals have put a lot of people in the poor house.

Comment

Here's my pics, they may be different from what you've seen as I was there Thursday & Friday. The blue '64 Daytona is one of my cars. The primer red '59 2 door wagon is my cousin Jim Moore's latest project. It's sportin' a '64 Hawk 289/4 speed combo.

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.
      61 lark cruiser
      64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
        Here's my pics, they may be different from what you've seen as I was there Thursday & Friday. The blue '64 Daytona is one of my cars. The primer red '59 2 door wagon is my cousin Jim Moore's latest project. It's sportin' a '64 Hawk 289/4 speed combo.

http://redhead221.smugmug.com/Cars/S...9307009_J3GQqN
        Wow, Pic #32 is of a very nice lookin 56J

Comment

Man that little lark in pic 42 kinda got my blood pumpin', wow that looks good in that color. You know Joe I was gonna make some sort of loking jab about pic 32 knowing it's your car, but I can't anything bad about that car, not even in a kidding way, wow man that's a really pretty car!

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
            Man that little lark in pic 42 kinda got my blood pumpin', wow that looks good in that color. You know Joe I was gonna make some sort of loking jab about pic 32 knowing it's your car, but I can't anything bad about that car, not even in a kidding way, wow man that's a really pretty car!
            Thanks Dan,
            Its quite road-worn; paint is faded; lots of paint chips, and it could use refurbishing, inside & out. But it is very dependable, and has been from coast to coast several times, with me behind the wheel. I have driven the car 148,000 miles so far, since 1986 when I towed it 1700 miles to home in SoCal from Nebraska, behind the 62GT, on a tow bar!

You are right, that 63 Lark sure is cute in #42

Comment

The Lark #42 is my son's. Painted it in my garage. It is Firemist Orange. Engine is R2 with mods. Trans is T5. It is a blast to drive.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those pictures Butch.

I finally got mine uploaded tonight. Photobucket, ugh

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                  The Lark #42 is my son's. Painted it in my garage. It is Firemist Orange. Engine is R2 with mods. Trans is T5. It is a blast to drive.
                  So it goes how it looks, eh? That's just how I would want a lark, every last detail, just beautiful! Would love to see better pics too, getting more jealous by the second!

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                    Arrived at the swap meet as the gates were opening on Friday and soon found a pair of NOS 1962-63 Lark front fenders for $300. The vendor of the fenders said that his late father had been a Studebaker employee for 36 years and that the fenders were recently found up in the barn. I didnt have enough cash with, so I made a down-payment and came back 4 hours later with cash from a South Bend bank. The lady teller at the bank was cute and was into cars, but she wore a wedding ring.... anyway I got some doors that Bob Peterson and co-pilot Bill Williams brought me from California along with a NOS tranny mount for a 4-speed.
                    How jealous should you be? Peanut butter and jealous!
                    Hey Brent, Looks like you were holding out on me. You didn't tell me about the "CUTE TELLER"

Comment

Originally posted by 1953starliner View Post
                      Hey Brent, Looks like you were holding out on me. You didn't tell me about the "CUTE TELLER"
                      Cute but she didnt hold a candle to your girlfriend at the Rally's restaurant. You know, the one that slathered mayonaise and other unwanted toppings all over your burger.

By the way, you should watch the first video that I posted on the Body Plant Operations thread. It looks like a commercial for C and B Studebaker!
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                      X