6-to-12 Volt Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-to-12 Volt Conversions

Folks with electrical questions such as 6-to-12 will want to meet and question Randy Rundle at our Co-Operator Tech Session in Omaha next week. See my post in The General Studebaker Discussion Dept. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

If I may be so bold as to attempt to help Mr. Rundle, something not covered in his book (which I have, and with its help I managed to successfully convert my '55 so everything works in its factory-intended manner) and maybe worth mentioning to him is the weird 1158 (Ba15d base, non-indexed pins) bulbs used for some of the early cars that had optional directional signals. The 12V equivalent of those is either a 1176 or 1376. My FLAPS actually carries those, but I'm not sure what the heck they would be normally used for. (imagine a 1034 or 1157 but with non-indexed pins.)

I wouldn't normally bother to post something so trivial, but it actually took me quite a bit of time and web searching to find those numbers. I suppose I could just have driven to Pep Boys and rummaged through the rack for a couple of hours, but I didn't even know if such a thing existed or if I'd have to knock out my old sockets and fit new ones.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Nate it is never trivial to provide useful information, Little tips like this one are what makes this forum such a success. Thanks for the tip.

Studebaker Fever
      60 Lark
      51 Champion
      Phil
      Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
      60 Lark
      56 Power Hawk
      Phil Hendrickson
      Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Working...