• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Master cylinder

Is there a replacement duel piston M/C for a 62 Lark. David

Originally posted by prez55 View Post
    Ask for one for a 70 Nova with drum brakes. That's what I use on my 62 Lark. The lines enter from fender side, and need the larger fittings. Also, need to change the brake lite switch arrangement, either a switch on the pedal, or a tee on the front brake line to mont the pressure switch.
    Fred

Comment

You can use the one Fred mentioned, their are several others that will work. You could also use one for a 1963, or 1964-66 model.

Originally posted by prez55 View Post
      sigpic

1962 Daytona
      1964 Cruiser
      And a few others

Comment

SI has both.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

would the same DUAL master cylinder work on both power & manual brakes for a 62?? Is another used that you dont have to make so many changes in the lines & brake light switch?
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I've used a MC from 60's-early 70's AMC products which have a 1" bore. You must be careful about interchanging MC's between power v. non-power brake units . I'm told & parts books indicate there is a difference. Also you would need to change the front "T" to convert to a dual system on a '62 since it would have been only a single system from the factory. Good luck! Rob in PA.

Comment

I'm presently swapping my 63' Cruiser's dual, non-power unit directly onto my 62' wagon. Rob's on with changing the brass tee when doing so...it looks like the steel lines are pretty much the same.....

Comment

Originally posted by 53starliner View Post
                Ask for one for a 70 Nova with drum brakes. That's what I use on my 62 Lark. The lines enter from fender side, and need the larger fittings. Also, need to change the brake lite switch arrangement, either a switch on the pedal, or a tee on the front brake line to mont the pressure switch.
                The one on the 62 I'm working on is a 4 bolt pattern. All pixs I find of 70 Nova are 2 bolt pattern. Is a 63 Stude. 2 or 4 bolt pattern. Thanks David

Comment

63' Stude stock and I believe AMC fro early 70's are 2-bolt. FWIW...the 63' had a reinforcement plate tacked onto the firewall. I chiseled it off, hammered it flat on the vise pad , then installed between MC and firewall on the 62' which did not have one. Might make a slight difference in rod length, probably not...

Comment

The 63 is 2 bolt. On my 62 I left the upper bolts srewed in. Advantage to the Nova MC is that it's inexpensive.
                    Fred

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                      I'm presently swapping my 63' Cruiser's dual, non-power unit directly onto my 62' wagon. Rob's on with changing the brass tee when doing so...it looks like the steel lines are pretty much the same.....
                      When you did this Jack, did you remember to change the push Rod, the length is different on Dual Masters.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I used a 68 Mustang on my 62 Daytona ragtop, I used my disc brakes and no power booster, stopped great, ports go out towards the fender, giving more clearance for the valve cover.

Jim
                        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                        their Memorials!

Comment

...Rich and all: I did not remove the MC rod from the dual..

Comment

Working...
                          X