My car was on Jalopnik!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car was on Jalopnik!

My '41 Champion was featured on Jalopnik and Petrolicious!

Here are the links:

Remember the car you had at 16? I remember mine. A Wrigley's-gum beige 1968 VW Beetle I saved up $600 to buy when I was 15, then waited and stared at every day until I turned 16 and could actually drive it. Of course, it was wrecked within a year or so, because that's what usually happens to cars owned by 16 year old…

At 16, Kevin Boesky found himself in his first automobile, the defunct Studebaker. It was one of 10,000 cars manufactured out of the long gone Los Angeles factory that served Los Angeles from 1936 until 1964. Now a Junior in high school, he has some adult insight about this iconic make.
    sigpic

"What a lucky thing the wheel was invented before the automobile; otherwise can you imagine the awful screeching?" - Samuel Hoffenstein

Kevin,
    Way b*tchin car and way to go on the nice coverage. Lucky dude you are to have a cool gramps like that. Nice article and good lookin ride. Happy trails.
    sals54

Comment

Man, what a car! And the articles were great to read. That thing is a real keeper.

Congrats man!
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Lovely Champ! It is restored is it not?

Nice color combo too!
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

very nice, Kevin!!!
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I really enjoyed both articles. What a nice car. I hope you have many more miles of smiles with it.

Dave Bonn
            '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Congratulations, Kevin. What a wonderful car and story to go with it. Those are some cool beans!

You're a fortunate young fella with a promising future in the hobby; go out and recruit about a million more young people like yourself, OK?

Really great coverage by both publications, too. What a credit to you and the car and your grandpa. All the best to all of you. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That's a very nice looking car. Enjoy driving it.
                sigpic

Comment

Beautiful car!!! Enjoy!!!
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I wonder where they came up with the statement that they only made 4 doors.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                      I wonder where they came up with the statement that they only made 4 doors. Denny L
                      Or that the all-new Champion engine was a warmed-over Rockne engine... BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well that was a nice read!
                        Brought back some great memories when they writer was talking about the acceleration, the floating ride on those soft couch like seats, and the BRAKES.
                        When I was 15 my first car was a 59 VW I stared at, loved, fixed up, and drove around the yard until I was 16 and could get my licence.
                        But after 3 months I purchased a 1937 Desoto Coupe.......I was in heaven when I drove that car. It was 1968 and my friends all had mid to late 50's cars and the rich kids had new Chevelles & Vettes. So my 37 did sand out in the school parking lot.
                        Unfortunately it didn't help me with the girls either???
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Congratulations on being featured!
                          www.spannerbird.com
                          Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

Are you going to the Los Angeles Chapter Winter Meet next month? Would like to see the car in real life. It would be a center of attention.

Comment

Thanks! The car is (mostly) restored.
                              sigpic

"What a lucky thing the wheel was invented before the automobile; otherwise can you imagine the awful screeching?" - Samuel Hoffenstein

Comment

Working...
                              X