Disc brakes on a 51 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Disc brakes on a 51 Champion

I am converting my brake drums and cylinders with a disc brake system. I have purchased a kit from Hot Rods and Brakes. However, HRB does not supply all the parts required to make it work. I need a dual master cylinder and proportioning valves. Does anyone have suggestions as to a good fit for these parts and where I can purchase them? Many thanks

Dave,
    I am in the process of converting our '50 Champion to a dual Master Cylinder. I am using a kit supplied by Jim Turner of Turner Brake. It included the MC, Bracket, residual valves, proportioning valve with lots of hardware and instructions. It's a first class kit and I'm highly recommend it.
    sigpic
    Lanny & Barb Bertram
    '63 Lark Custom R2 4spd
    Indy Chapter SDC since 2000
    Weaverville, NC

Comment

Talk to Jim Turner. His offerings are Studebaker specific, and may have cost you less than what you've already invested. He's a good guy and, I suspect, will determine what you need to complete your installation.

Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but could you update me on your status? I am considering using Turner brakes for the front of my 1951 champion and would like your opinion. Thank you.

Comment

I have them on my car (front) a 52 commander. I haven't driven it yet but must say the name kit from Turner brake is great. Plus if needed he's already there for tech support.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
          X