62 Lark in My Three Sons Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Lark in My Three Sons Episode

Pardon me if this has been noted before. Was watching an old rerun of My Three Sons (circa 1967 season) and a nice looking red 1962 Lark convertible drove into their driveway. Things of note are the spinner hubcaps and what looks to be like one of those metal SDC logo emblems in the grille. Anyone out California way remember this car and if it still exists? You see the Lark at the beginning and again at the end. Sorry for the crappy audio...best my iPhone could do from the comfort of my recliner. (BTW, excuse my ignorance in erroneously titling the video as a 61 Lark)

sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Judging by the way the driver man-handled the steering wheel when turning into the driveway, I would guess the car doesnt have power steering.
    I am surprised they would have a 5 year old Studebaker on such a popular television show, as shows back then typically had new cars in use. Perhaps Uncle Charlie complained and the producer relented and allowed the Studebaker. As you know, Studebakers were popular with uncles.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I believe that GM (Chevrolet) sponsored the show "My three sons". at least for part of the time it ran. I am surprised that they featured a Studebaker.
      sigpic
      55 President Deluxe
      64 Commander
      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

it's possible that is the case, but in the new "Hawaii 5-0", sponsored (in part) by Ch*vrolet, all the good guys drive Ch*vys, the bad guys drive other makes...
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Obviously the driver wasn't familiar with a pindiller, after driving pernandels
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

IIRC, if you watch the end credits of My Three Sons, cars were supplied by Pontiac....and Fred MacMurray drove a wagon
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The driver reached down to a floor shifter. Looks like a 4sp car. Not a Daytona rules out Pace Car possibilities. Nice convertible though.

Gordon S

Comment

Iwanit!

Comment

Originally posted by laughinlark View Post
                  The driver reached down to a floor shifter. Looks like a 4sp car. Not a Daytona rules out Pace Car possibilities. Nice convertible though.

Gordon S
                  That is a Daytona, as it has the 'checkmark' molding on the rear quarter.

I hate how the Stude owner is such a dolt! Pontiac probably didn't want one of their 'owners' to seem so ignorant! LOL
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

also they were adding a car that wouldn't compete as a new car competitor in 1967.
                    Randy Wilkin
                    1946 M5 Streetrod
                    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Darn, now I want to watch the whole show and see how the story ends.

Comment

Working...
                      X