1958 Packard Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1958 Packard Hawk

I had posted earlier about a front bumper for a Packard Hawk but I need some input from some of the other members. I came across this car at a junk yard and salvaged the bumpers the rest of the car was destroyed in a fire. The only features that stood out was the body style and the Mylar skin on the fins it also had the tire on the trunk deck and dual antennas in the back. The fiberglass on the front end was burned off but there was writing on the front fender from the insurance company saying it was a 1957 Hawk the body style lead me to believe it was a 1958 look at the attached photos and tell me what you think.Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-19 13.09.20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1737081

From what you have said it certainly sounds like a Packard Hawk. Would it be possible for you to go back & get the vin# off the drivers hinge post & the body# underhood on the passengers side of the cowl (firewall)? Is this a "self serve" junkyard or a regular one? I dont have the information here at the moment but there is a registry for Packard Hawks & it would be good to currently list this one
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

That's the yellow PH that had a targa top. Someone had cut it up to achieve their "vision." It burned a little over a year ago and is located in the U-Pick-It (or something like that) yard in Kansas City. Another forum member came on here about a year ago to describe finding it and posted some pictures of it then. If you google "pictures of a Packard Hawk" and sift through the photos you'll find it. It was painted that bright canary yellow that some 70's Dodge Darts used to come in.

It only had one of the five front bumper pieces present on it - the piece you see. It was missing both end pieces and the dagmars.
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Packard Hawk Bumpers

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
        That's the yellow PH that had a targa top. Someone had cut it up to achieve their "vision." It burned a little over a year ago and is located in the U-Pick-It (or something like that) yard in Kansas City. Another forum member came on here about a year ago to describe finding it and posted some pictures of it then. If you google "pictures of a Packard Hawk" and sift through the photos you'll find it. It was painted that bright canary yellow that some 70's Dodge Darts used to come in.

It only had one of the five front bumper pieces present on it - the piece you see. It was missing both end pieces and the dagmars.
        You are correct I salvaged the bumpers off of the car and may be interested in selling them.
        Last edited by David Haddix; 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Is this just another case of confusion between the build date and the model year?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
          58H-K7 660

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Ayres View Post
            Is this just another case of confusion between the build date and the model year?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
            58H-K7 660
            Shouldn't be, the serial number and cowl tag shouldn't leave any doubt. The insurance guy probably had no idea what he was looking at.
            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Working...
            X