Finally into the Speedster.... #1 Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Finally into the Speedster.... #1 Steering

Finally pulled the Speedster project out of storage! Honest appraisal should give one second thoughts. But restoring cars is like mountain climbing... you start with a hike around the block... then a 14'er and suddenly you're dreaming of Mt. Everest.

It is an AZ car with only one small exterior ding on the shell and mostly complete. Last plate says 1967 and the original motor turns and seems to have good compression. Need to do a carb rebuild and add ignition wires before it dreams of a test. I do have a spare drive train if needed. Only one small floorboard patch, rockers and standard front fender patches needed.

The car currently has a miss-fit steering column from an automatic and a very bad attempt to convert it to a floor shift. Are the C/K steering columns unique or are most Stude columns interchangeable? Likewise, per chance are the shift linkages interchangeable between C/K and other models?

Thanks guys.

To: mmagic,------ '53-'56 steering columns (C/K) with Saginaw P/S should fit...are You saying Your Speedster has been converted to standard shift?

Comment

No it was always a standard shift... just a feeble attempt to convert to floor shift. I think you just told me what I didn't hope to hear... C/K are unique vs. other studes.

Comment

To: mmagic,----Always a standard shift model?...that's quite a rarity....would You mind posting the serial/body tag numbers? Thanks!

Comment

Here are the numbers.... an LA car

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          To: mmagic,----Always a standard shift model?...that's quite a rarity....would You mind posting the serial/body tag numbers? Thanks!
          Tag=6Hk7 Vin=7807065 Engine=PL1081 Clutch mechanism, clutch floor plate etc. looks proper and identical to my Champ. Understand there were 151 stick shift Speedsters built. Is that correct?

Comment

Working...
          X