Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to Build My 51 regal starlight.....And I'm going to have a few ..Lol..Leftovers So ask Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to Build My 51 regal starlight.....And I'm going to have a few ..Lol..Leftovers So ask Me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02850.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1736735Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02781.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1736736Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1736737Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02786.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1736738I have alway's been a die hard 49-52 Ford Guy and have put out several finnished cars from My home shop. In fact I was happily prepping a 1950 Custom 2Dr Sedan when a rust free 1951 Commander Regal starlight became available and I just couldnt pass it up, So it's in My shop next to the 50 Custom and it's really a piece of art, and has been a major distraction of My Ford build, so much in fact that after the Commander, a few weeks later a family friend offered info on a decent 62 GT hawk, 4Spd, Twin Traction, 289 etc, So I thought Hmm, I sure wouldnt mind a few of those parts for My Commander, and Wallah! It's parked in front of the shop.
    So I've been looking for a decent 259 to Build for the Commander and came accross this little 1959 2Dr Custom wagon with 259 and auto trans, and the 4DR parts car which is also a Lark VIII., and has the same running gear, and to top it all off I got a full longbed truck load of 1958-59 NOS Studebaker ignition Points, Voltage regulaters,Coils, plug wires, etc. etc. Plus 8 58-61 Stant Nos locking gas caps if any One might need One. , brakes ,Nos Carbs (20 assorted) and Carb rebuild kits. Including Strombergs, RBS, 4BBL's and others plus a ton of "studebaker Brand"NOS stuff. So I'm pretty much set and am pulling the 4 Speed and rear end out of My 62 Hawk this weekend.
    I'll keep a detailed log and pictures during this build and will share as I go!
    Thanks to all who have contributed information as I commit to this new direction
    Patrick Sammon

have fun with the '51!!!

looks like you got enough parts, etc. to "almost" get that 2 door lark wagon back on the road!

for extra parts needed or if you want to sell some of your "stash", check out the "studebaker parts swap page": http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

as well as joining the "Studebaker Drivers Club" as shown above the threads - if you haven't already...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

That 1962 Hawk might be of interest to someone back east, especially if you leave the rear end in it. Since you're building up another Stude; you may be better off in swapping in a rear end with slide off drums.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Your right of course I should upgrade the rear to a 12 bolt or 9" posi, I may let the hawk go with every original piece it came from the factory with the motor is locked up though all the pistons, crank, and cam plus other eternals are NOS it was in process of a major rebuild when the snow caved in the back of the Barn it was in. if You know someone who may be interested in the car I'd let it go for 1800 if they live within trailer distance and may work with interested parties a few hundred less if they send a truck to "ship it out"
        All My contact info is in My profile or write Me here!
        Have a fine day!
        Patrick Sammon

Comment

Today was an amazing day. I disconected the fuel line from the carb today, after letting alittle Marvel Mystery Oil soak in the cylinder walls overnight, adding fresh oil, and filter, new plugs and a fresh battery and Damn if that 259 didnt sputter and cough and then V-VROOOM! The motor runs awsome. Not bad for sitting since 1977,
          Patrick Sammon

Comment

You should not expect less from a Studebaker.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by effiedude View Post
              Your right of course I should upgrade the rear to a 12 bolt or 9" posi, I may let the hawk go with every original piece it came from the factory with the motor is locked up though all the pistons, crank, and cam plus other eternals are NOS it was in process of a major rebuild when the snow caved in the back of the Barn it was in. if You know someone who may be interested in the car I'd let it go for 1800 if they live within trailer distance and may work with interested parties a few hundred less if they send a truck to "ship it out"
              All My contact info is in My profile or write Me here!
              Have a fine day!
              You might want to start a separate 'For Sale' thread for your Hawk.

Rear end: don't bother with the Chevy 12 bolt; a Ford 9" from a 1957-59 Ford car apparently is the exact same dimensions as a Stude unit with the possible exception of having the spring pads moved (no big deal for a good welder).
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
              X