dissy & assy instructions for the flanged axle Dana 44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle: dissy & assy instructions for the flanged axle Dana 44

Can anyone supply copies of the shop manual pages that detail the dissy and assy instructions for the Dana 44 rear axle. It's used in the high performance vehicles and I have one to rebuild.
    Thanks
    Ken Michael
    Studebakers Only, Payson, AZ 928-970-1562

Originally posted by Kenmike2 View Post
    Can anyone supply copies of the shop manual pages that detail the dissy and assy instructions for the Dana 44 rear axle. It's used in the high performance vehicles and I have one to rebuild.
    Thanks
    Ken Michael
    Studebakers Only, Payson, AZ 928-970-1562
    This is the one I used from the friendly internet byway of Dana Spicer.

Take heed of the shim pack instructions and spreading the case. No crush sleeves in these little devils.

By the way, if you are replacing the carrier bearings and you should, there is a little trick of opening up the old bearings to slide on the shaft because you'll probably be putting the carrier in and out several times and pressing the bearings off and on each time is PITA. If it's not in this PDF, just Google it up.

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 09-07-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting that PDF, Bob. One more for the library

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks to all. The diff is a flanged axle unit ( I forgot that little detail when I posted) and I've done unmerous tapered axles but this is my first flanged axle.

Thanks agaiin.

Ken MIchael

Comment

Working...
        X