No announcement yet.

Packard-Baker on Pawn Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you, Bill. She's a TV star, too.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I have a hard time thinking Rick is that smart off the cuff.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
        I have a hard time thinking Rick is that smart off the cuff.
        Nah I doubt he is. The show is completely scripted and the acting is terrible.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, he's probably plenty smart but he rattles of historical facts about particular pieces which I think he must have had a chance to bone up on ahead of time. I imagine he has a very good idea when looking at something what the value is even if he has not seen it before after looking at thousands of things. But I be 5 to 10% of the time he has to look it up...perhaps more.
          Last edited by t walgamuth; 09-25-2013, 11:21 AM.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

The magic is in the editing. All the stupid stuff is on the cutting room floor. Same with music recording. Few live bands can sound like a studio recording, but some do! Those guys have my respect.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

If you read his book he seems very candid about his past and also of Corey, the Old Man and Chumlee. Several of them had issue with drugs in the past and how difficult it was to overcome it and turn things around. Rick is a voracious reader of history and gained a lot of knowledge that way...though is he often incorrect on some points of what he ways. He's cocky but maybe he's earned it the hard way.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

It gives me hope that I can buy A Studebaker someone wants $20,000 for and they will take $3000. (I don't really believe that will ever happen !)
                Randy Wilkin
                1946 M5 Streetrod
                Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Watched it once and concluded there is nothing real about "Reality T.V."

Dick

Dick
                  Mountain Home, AR
                  http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

I stopped watching that show when I found out they stage a lot of items.. In other words "Fake!"

For instance, the episode where they buy the 67 Cobra Body and have the renowned Cobra restores in Vegas put it back together.
                    At the end they show them driving it..

If you go to Shelby Cars in LV, that "rare Cobra" is still sitting there, bare body as it was in the episode.

I'm having too much fun with my own reality, I don't have time to watch "Reality TV," which isn't real at all..

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                      The magic is in the editing. All the stupid stuff is on the cutting room floor. Same with music recording. Few live bands can sound like a studio recording, but some do! Those guys have my respect.
                      Dave,

If you like live bands that sound like their recordings on stage, you have make a point of seeing Alison Krauss and Union Station. They blew me away a couple of years ago when I went to see them at Chautauqua Institution in western NY State. They are a very talented group of 5 musicians.

As for reality TV, the home improvement shows on HDTV really bother me. I can't believe what these "magicians" can do renovating and decorating spaces on shoestring budgets. I quit watching knowing that material costs take up the entire renovation budget on most of these shows.

Allen
                      1964 GT Hawk
                      PSMCDR 2014
                      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                      PSMCDR 2013
                      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                      X