Packard-Baker on Pawn Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard-Baker on Pawn Stars

The guys on Pawn Stars bought a '58 Packard-Baker last night. It was mostly disassembled, but they claimed all the parts were there. The old man did not want to buy it, the seller was asking $10,000. Rick liked it because it was such a rare car and told him the best he could do was $1500, and the seller took the offer. I was expecting them to take it to their car guy to have it put together, but they didn't, at least not on this episode.

Pat
    Last edited by Pat Dilling; 09-05-2012, 03:10 PM.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
    The guys on Pawn Stars bought a '58 Packard-Baker last night. It was mostly disassembled, but they claimed all the parts were there. The old man did not want to buy it, the seller was asking $10,000. Rick liked it because it was such a rare car and told him the best he could do was $1500, and the seller took the offer. I was expecting them to take it to their car guy to have it put together, but they didn't, at least not on this episode.

Pat

Does the "Count" do their stuff anymore since he has his own show?
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Found this segment a bit annoying.......They made it sound like Packard-Baker was the actual 'factory' name for this car!

Comment

Probably going to be a looong restoration, not like some of the other brand X's they've sent off to the shop!

Comment

That was one tough negotiator....

How much you want for it?

$10,000

I'll give you $1,500

OK...
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

LOL, I guess you can ask for anything, but if you really want to sell you'll take the offer.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hopefully they will reassemble the car but then who knows they may turn around and sell it for $10,000.00 just as the man wanted.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

That show is sooooo scripted.
                Everything is said on camera afterwards.
                Betcha a donut that's the parts car left over from the real restoration project.
                Then, miraculously, a few episodes from now, the 'restored' car will roll out of the body shop guys shop...all perfect!
                And then they will talk about coming in under budget and how much profit they will make.
                And they will act as if it was one car all along.
                All of these shows use the word profit more times than a politician says vote...
                Cynical? You betcha...... But I still like to see the things that cross their tables..
                Jeff
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  Betcha a donut that's the parts car left over from the real restoration project.
                  Send the doughnut up here, Jeff....if it really was "the" parts car, I think they would've grabbed the nice horn button! BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You want sprinkles, or glaze on your donut?
                    C'mon! Prove me wrong!
                    Jeff

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    Send the doughnut up here, Jeff....if it really was "the" parts car, I think they would've grabbed the nice horn button! BP
                    Originally Posted by DEEPNHOCK
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

They didn't say they were going to restore it, said they were going to pass it along to someone else looking for a project.
                      TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Maybe there's a spare back glass with this thing!
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                          That show is sooooo scripted.
                          Everything is said on camera afterwards.
                          Then, miraculously, a few episodes from now, the 'restored' car will roll out of the body shop guys shop...all perfect!
                          And then they will talk about coming in under budget and how much profit they will make.
                          And they will act as if it was one car all along.
                          All of these shows use the word profit more times than a politician says vote...
                          Cynical? You betcha...... But I still like to see the things that cross their tables..
                          Jeff
                          Well, there was that time, before they came out with that spinoff, American Restoration, where the brother of the guy from American restoration tried to sell them something - I think it was a pinball machine - which his brother and he restore routinely on American Restoration - where they, Rick from Pawn Stars and Ron Dale from American Restoration - acted like they didn't even know each other and Ron Dale acted like he was clueless.

If that episode wasn't scripted I'll eat one of my garage work shoes.
                          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                          Kenmore, Washington
                          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                          '69 Pontiac Firebird
                          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Good grief, people... It's entertainment!
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Yeah - this sorta "reality" show is mushrooming of late. It almost HAS TO BE scripted. Frankly, if one or two guys were trying to make real deals while someone followed them around with cameras, they'd do damned few deals at all. I know I wouldn't even TALK to them until I had the situation explained to me completely. This echos the discussion about Max Corkins on the Pickers show. There's no way Max would've answered a knock on the door and then not slammed it once he spied the cameraman 20 feet away!
                              I like to see the cool items that are featured in these shows, but I'd rather see such thru a show like Antiques Roadshow. That's much more "genuine" than any of these antique hunter teams.
                              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X