No announcement yet.

Question on Avanti window regulators...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Avanti window regulators...

Does anyone know the differences between pre- and post-R5507 window regulators for Avanti power windows? Are they interchangeable? How can one tell the difference between the two?

I have two NOS regulators but they're not stamped with part numbers and the buyer needs to know if these are correct for his car.

Thanks to all in advance.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

To: Gunslinger,------ Well that's a good question. Didn't realize a change was made at that serial number....still I would think these NOS regulators would be completely interchangeable with earlier ones. (rare birds!)

Comment

I have R 5636- if you post a pic perhaps I can help. I'd also like to know if there is a difference as I repaired my Dad's window regulator in his Avanti.
      Rob i n PA.

Comment

IF there is a difference, what are the chances you have a reg from 5507 thru 5647, as opposed to 1001 thru 5506??? stupak

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
          IF there is a difference, what are the chances you have a reg from 5507 thru 5647, as opposed to 1001 thru 5506??? stupak
          Not just 5507 through end of Studebaker production but Avanti II's as well. There may be no difference as far as interchangeability, and that's what I need to know.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Based on my recollection of some previous regulator replacements, I suspect that the only difference is in the idler arm, the latter being a channel cross-section rather than the curved strap. The change was made to strengthen the idler arm so that it wouldn't deflect.

Comment

I'd think the difference would be a change like the one WCP suggests, and these regulators would indeed interchange across the Studebaker serial numbers and early 'A' series Avanti II's.

Comment

Working...
              X