No announcement yet.

I Did Build it Myself !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice truck. I think bain financial services was involved in dismantling and selling Studebaker. Nitt's ok with outsourcing and owning fiat stock.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Hawk View Post
      I think bain financial services was involved in dismantling and selling Studebaker.
      Yep, it was a High School DECA project... Bain Capital came 16 years later in 1984 after he had visited Kenya, Hawaii, Pakistan and Columbia.

Comment

i fell in lust with your truck when i saw your post of the first pics of the new paint quite awhile ago.

great job and video!!!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I like the dorky background music .

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
            .... first pics of the new paint quite awhile ago.

)
            Actually I rushed to get paint on it last November as the first snow was coming over the mountains.... Too cold.... too little pressure... too little experience.... Looked good from 100 feet but the clear was about like 10 grit sand paper. So 2 weeks ago, I got up Monday Morning and put 220 grit on the orbital and knocked it down in a couple of hours. I filled some nasty's with Evercoat, washed it, dried it, masked it and by supper had several fresh coats of base and clear laid down. Once I figured it out, I really like that base clear application.

Comment

Originally posted by mmagic View Post
              Yep, it was a High School DECA project... Bain Capital came 16 years later in 1984 after he had visited Kenya, Hawaii, Pakistan and Columbia.
              I do not want to become involved in a political discussion here as it is not the place. It just appeared to me to be a clear insult at the President of the United States and a plug for another party. Not the place for it even it has the little disclaimer. We can solicit the help of the forum administrator if needed.

Comment

I do not want to become involved in a political discussion here as it is not the place. It just appeared to me to be a clear insult at the President of the United States and a plug for another party. Not the place for it even it has the little disclaimer. We can solicit the help of the forum administrator if needed.
                Apparently reading instructions is not your forte!!

Posted by mmagic
                Building of Non-PC Champ. If you insist on being politically correct, DON'T watch !

Comment

All of the cars I built..I did "myself" in my garage.. However I am very glad to say..without the friends that I have learned from..the forums like this that were invaluable with the knowledge of so many..the suppliers and salvage yards..and my family's understanding..it would not have been..
                  But I am not so talented I guess..and rely on others..sometimes for parts..for wisdom..or friendship..

"Building of Non-PC Champ. If you insist on being politically correct, DON'T watch !:

So only for the Politically Incorrect ?

LOL
                  Last edited by parts2; 07-29-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Parts....
                    You are so correct.... The tidbits I gleaned from this Board pulled me out of many holes on this project. I've fixed and flipped a lot of minor damage vehicles, hiring paint, glass and other bits but the Champ is my first really major do. Soon I'll pull out the Speedster, a real challenge, and apply everything I should have learned from the Champ. Again, this board will cover those things that the shop manual assumes or misses.

Thanks again to all. This project has been a collective effort that many of you have actually participated in!

Comment

I love everything about it, but I missed the insult part somehow, I’ll watch it again.
                      Congratulations on a job well done enjoy the ride.
                      Richard
                      The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Tough if you don't like it. Just don't read it. You don't have to agree, just ignore it. And, it's too bad if most want to try to do what's right for America.

You posted just to plug YOUR agenda. Your last sentence sounds like a little kid tattling to the teacher.

I doubt you'll have to freak out for long. Forum policy has come to falling apart over any political statements, even when they're right, lest the wrong get their feelings hurt. I'm sure soon every little thing will be breathlessly erased, including both our comments. I just hope that mmagic's neat video doesn't get deleted or sensored as well.

Come on, man, humor those of us in the vast majority that believe in free speech. And try not to 'threaten' us with running to the teechur! LOL
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

What a great video! We missed you today in Golden. Are you going to join us for the Zone Meet?
                          Carey
                          Packard Hawk

Comment

That was a lot of fun, very clever video to back up the time and effort put into building it. It really should be viewed by more people who have great dreams of tackling something like this, to help them decide if they are made of what is needed to create vs. just an organizer.

I've watched this thing 3 times, will watch a couple more but I'll need to stop the video several times to take in all that has been done as the sequence is too fast to get all the details, you know, like take a breath once in a while. Like most of us need to do every once in a while...

Cheers, Ken

Comment

Carey....
                              My bad... all I did today was this little vid, get the turn signals to work, install the tach, find the missing passenger door lock, watch Missy fly like a fish and fix supper! I could just as well have joined you too. Please send me a schedule so I can get it on Judy's calendar.

Comment

That was a great Video and I even liked the Truck. God Bless America. Thank's for the Video.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X