My first studebaker and i love it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Cris
    Maybe you can have solutions nearer than you think. please check: http://www.studebakerownersclub.org.uk/

Is a nice group of ladies and gentlemen that can help you direct in OK.

The contact is Mr Paul Eccles . His adress can be found here:

Good luck

Comment

Hi Chris ....., It's very nice to see the pictures of your car! I, too, have a 1947 Champion 4-door sedan, which I have owned and enjoyed for just over 40 years. If I can be of any help to you, please let me know. ..... Re comment number 2 above, 1947 to 1949 Studebakers do have separate bulbs for direction signals, being the outer bulb on each rear side. The original red lens will have the word "direction" on it. At the front, the original direction signals are at the outer end of the horizontal chrome bars above the grille and have clear lenses. (A car without signals has a solid chrome bar.) With your left bar removed, you can see the rectangular cut-out in the body metal which makes room for the direction signal light housing. As you are probably aware, in North America direction signals were an option before 1955. I believe the 1947 models were the first Studebakers, and possibly the first of any low-priced North American car, to provide for installing accessory signals.
      Bill Jarvis

Comment

Looks clean & very solid. Love the suicide doors.

Comment

Working...
        X