• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first studebaker and i love it

Hi all,

to start off my name is Chris and i am in the UK,

she is a 1947 champion 4 door

i thought i would join this forum as i have just bought my first studebaker and have no idea where to find parts as i have not seen many of these about, anyway here are some photos, she has a few bits missing like of chrome trim etc, but she has no rust what so ever and is very solid
    Attached Files

Nice car Chris, and welcome to the Forum! You've got a real solid machine there

Your taillights are fascinating. Here in the States, turn signals did not have separate lenses in the stop lamps. I wonder - are those original or retro-fitted?

Glad to have you here!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, the tail light lens have to be amber over here for the indicator but i have put the original leanses back in as they were found in the boot(trunk),

Comment

The '47 Champion is my favorite early post-war Stude. As for trim parts, check out the current thread about a '47 Champion going "back to China". Parts may be available.
        ~Matt Connor
        '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Make your list quickly!

Comment

Nice looking car, the black really sets the chrome and stainless off. Have fun with that baby.

Comment

Welcome Chris! Neat car, looks rather 'stealthy' with the black paint, black wheels, and blackwall tyres. I like it!
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Nice looking example you have there Chris & may I add a welcome also. Parts on your side of the pond arent as easy to get as here, but you've come to the right place. I suggest posting a list under the "General Studebaker-Specific" section. Seeing a nice clean example is rare anywhere & I can assure you'd better be prepared for alot of attention!
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Wow thanks all for your warm wellcomes i will be keeping an i open for anything i can get for her and thanks for the link..... :-)

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!! Looks like you have a very nice car there.
                    As for parts I would suggest Studebaker International. We have close to any and every part you need for your car.
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks again.. :-)

Comment

Chris, nice '47 Champion - it was always one of my favorites. Welcome to the SDC website. This is a great place to find parts and answers to questions from folks with a lot of subject matter expertise when it comes to Studebakers.
                        Curt Devan
                        Kirksville, MO

Editor, Mid Missouri Chapter Newsletter "Studie News"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                          Welcome to the Forum!! Looks like you have a very nice car there.
                          As for parts I would suggest Studebaker International. We have close to any and every part you need for your car.
                          http://www.studebaker-intl.com/
                          Suggest you download their catalogue. You may also consider joining the Studebaker Drivers Club, if you are not already a member, plenty of info in Turning Wheels (the club magazine), check out the website www.studebakerdriversclub.com. This page has links to lots of other information. Good luck and nice car.
                          sigpic
                          55 President Deluxe
                          64 Commander
                          66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Another place to post your wanted list is on www.studebakerswap.com Allways interesting items that showup for sale and wanted there.

Welcome aboard and very nice car!

Mark

Comment

just wanted to say nice car!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X