Clear All

• 1961 Hawk

sigpic
    1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Nice looking '61, is it a four speeder?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      Nice looking '61, is it a four speeder?
      I wish! Its an automatic, but still lots of fun.
      sigpic

Comment

On the road from St. Louis to New Hampshire
        Funny story, I wanted to drive it and Grandma had a fit. She was going to take the car back if I didn't trailer it!! You can see who won that battle.

sigpic

Comment

Finally home!

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful car! Glad it is staying in the family that makes it even more special. You will have years of enjoyment!!! BTW Love the flamingo color.

Mark

Comment

Mark beat me to it--I really love that color. That's a great looking car!
              Dave Nevin
              Corvallis, OR
              1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
              Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Hurray for grandma, she wanted you to enjoy that beautiful Hawk as long as you owned it.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

That is a very nice Hawk. Never saw that color combo before.

Rudy
                  sigpic

Comment

Great Hawk! Hope you enjoy it, but from the smile on your face in every picture,it looks like you already are.
                    Did not hear the story on this car, did I miss it?
                    Was your Grandmas name Dorothy also???
                    Good Roads
                    Brian
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

'Looking good, Ross; very pretty. (Did your 1962 Pace Car mailer arrive?) BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice car, it won't get lost in the parking lot! The car brings back memories both of the color and of the car. My first set of "hand-me-down" wheels from the parents was their 61 Hawk when I started driving in 1965. The had just gotten a 64 Impala 2 dr hardtop, black with black interior. The Hawk was white with a black stripe and black interior with buckets. Motor was a 289 2 barrel with the automatic. During the time I drove it, I went to the local junkyard and got a 4 barrel manifold, crab and air cleaner. I had some good times with the car until April 1966 when I got a 64 Black Avanti R1 with red and fawn interior and air. The color brought back memories of a 55 Commander 4 door sedan my parents had. The car was that color with a black top. I didn't know the color then, being raised on the farm, I called the color "Bloody milk red". That car became my older brother's " "hand-me-down" set of wheels when my parents bought the 61 Hawk ,until he bought a 60 Lark convertible, black with red interior.
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I've always liked that color combination on Hawks. Nice ride.
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            'Looking good, Ross; very pretty. (Did your 1962 Pace Car mailer arrive?) BP
                            Thanks BP! I love the mailer (it got here weeks ago, but I was out of town on business).
                            sigpic

Comment

For the first time in more than 30 years, all the gauges in the dash work. The fuel gauge was broken, I bought a very nice restored one from Brent Hagen. And the Tach was missing the sending unit when I got the car, so I have put in a classics instruments Tach (Model HR60SLF) as a place holder until I get the stock one updated to modern electronics.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X