Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan of the Day, 04-30, 1953 Packard

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 05-01-2012, 07:58 PM.

All I can say or do is: DROOL!!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

She has a fuel door lock and is facing a Hawk! How appropriate for a classic car with intent to push 'fins' in the fifties. Very nice!!
      JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Craig: That's a 1953, not a '54.

The '54s have the back-up lights integrated into the "bull's-nuts" tail lamp assembly, the new Packard Script on the quarter panels, one-piece backlites, and dramatically-different side trim.

Here's a 1954 Patrician. (You can't see the one-piece backlite, but they were one piece in 1954):

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Like this?

sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Craig: That's a 1953, not a '54.
            I have a '54 Clipper Super that's headed to the crusher in the next few weeks I tried it on eBay, but zero interest. Looks just like this one, but rough:

I still remember the distinctive sound of that Straight 8. Will be a sad day when she goes...
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
              Like this?

Yes, Dave, if you mean the tail light assemblies. Those on that pretty 1954 Caribbean are the same as on the other "Senior" 1954 Packards (i.e., not Clippers). BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

"Just noticed in Craig's OP: The Packard is refelcting an Astra White 1964 Studebaker Daytona(?) right next to it! BP

Comment

Love it. I never used to pay much attetion to Packards but lately the Packard bug bit me. The '53 Patrician is probably my favorite Detriot Packard.
                  Maybe it's just me, but 1953 was just plain a good year for automobile styling.
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

That '54 Caribbean is a beauty. In ways, the '54 models were the last 'proven' Packards.

Comment

Working...
                    X