1960 Lark Coil Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Lark Coil Springs

I ave a modified 1960 Lark with a 350 Chevy, Vortec heads and GM Turbo350 trans. The Lark has the original 6cyl springs and as you might have figured out it has a ton of spacers to get the ride height needed for tire clearance. My question is do you think the standard HD springs from Studebaker international will do the trick, if not suggestions on where to go would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chuck

Most of the folks, myslef included are going to the MOOG CC655 spring. Variable rate and better on corners and best of all no spacers for ride height. Also the price was alot better. As much as $89/pair. Others will jump in as well, but I switched and have been happy.

BTW this was in a 64 Cruiser with a Studebaker 289 and AC

Mark

Comment

I agree the Moog CC655 springs are a great idea if you have a Stude V-8, but the Chevy 350 is a much lighter engine. The Stude 6 cylinder springs would be close to the load rating you need. I recommend you call eaton springs and tell them what you have and I bet they can send you the springs you need.

Joe
      sigpic

1962 Daytona
      1964 Cruiser
      And a few others

Comment

Well Eaton came back with $239 plus shipping... as it turns out the chevy engine is approx 125lbs lighter. Do you think that difference would raise the front end significantly? The rear of the car is approx 2in higher due to the modifications. Pretty substantial difference in price. :-)

Comment

It's your car your money, but if you plan on keeping the car I would spend the $239. You'll know that you've done it right, and with the proper ride height and spring rate you can have the front suspension adjusted correctly and have it working like it should. Besides you'll only have to do this once. Just my two cents.

Joe
          sigpic

1962 Daytona
          1964 Cruiser
          And a few others

Comment

NO promises, but these guys might be better on the price~

http://www.coilsprings.com/

Tell them what you have and what you want- then they'll make them.
            What you order is what you get. And I got EXACTLY what I wanted~

That's Baby with her one inch nose job...
            Last edited by StudeDave57; 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM. Reason: added words
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...