Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golly, 'hate to see this languish

in Other Makes on e-bay:

I know we've discussed it here, but I just noticed it's not even among the Studebakers on e-bay! And the first year for an F-body 289 with stick overdrive...how cool is that?

Oh, but for the time and money to "do" 'em all.

(Dwain Grindinger, I know you need this! If you buy it, I'll pick it up for you and store it until you can come back to the Midwest for the National Meet. I'll even bring it to South Bend for you, where you can rent a U-Haul truck and trailer to take it home.)

Sigh....BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

It's beginning to seem to me Bob, that the most important thing is to save the car, lest it be scrapped. maybe one can restore it or find another Studebaker enthusiast who will. A pretty car.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

He asked us about it here a couple of weeks ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=illinois

Craig

Comment

I can't look at a '56 (or '57, for that matter) without thinking of Allan Songer's "Sleeper".
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          He asked us about it here a couple of weeks ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=illinois

Craig
          I thought that it looked familiar.
          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Yes, I put the car back on Ebay. It will not be scrapped. I've got too many projects right now to even think too seriously about building this car although I do like it. Hopefully someone that appreciates it will buy it.

John

Comment

That would be a pretty snazzy ride restored.

Question: Is that the correct steering wheel? I thought the upper trim level cars all had the wheel with the chrome horn ring. Same basic wheel used since '53 on the "5" or "7" trim level cars. The wheel on this car does not have the notches at the spoke ends for that ring and appears to be a wheel that takes the more simple horn button w/o ring.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Jeff, your assumptions are correct. That's not the correct wheel for a President. Thing is, the translucent plastic on the President wheels of this year, went all crispy with age. Likely someone scavenged this wheel to have one that was functional. It wouldn't be too hard to find a proper wheel, but it would cost several hundred bucks to have the Shrock Bros. recast it with fresh, durable modern-day plastic.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                  I can't look at a '56 (or '57, for that matter) without thinking of Allan Songer's "Sleeper".
                  Wanna know a sad story?

Back when Allan was 'looking' for a car to start with for that build- he asked me if 'Jewel' my '57 Champion was for sale. I was willing to sell her, but she was burried in Dad's shop up here in Washington State, and I was still living in San Diego. There were too many problems in our way to make it happen, and then that '56 popped up...
                  So he ended up using that Champion instead.

I've been bummin' ever since.
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I've lowered the reserve to $1100 on Ebay. That is my break-even point. I hope someone on here buys it...

John

Comment

Gee, what a great price, I agree - someone here should buy it, maybe one of the Aussies who frequent the list. me, I could put it on my Visa card, but hey, wrong country, and no space. Best of luck with it.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                      X