Thread: Golly, 'hate to see this languish

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)

Golly, 'hate to see this languish

in Other Makes on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...item3f16bf5cde

I know we've discussed it here, but I just noticed it's not even among the Studebakers on e-bay! And the first year for an F-body 289 with stick overdrive...how cool is that?

Oh, but for the time and money to "do" 'em all.

(Dwain Grindinger, I know you need this! If you buy it, I'll pick it up for you and store it until you can come back to the Midwest for the National Meet. I'll even bring it to South Bend for you, where you can rent a U-Haul truck and trailer to take it home.)

Sigh....BP

President Member
    It's beginning to seem to me Bob, that the most important thing is to save the car, lest it be scrapped. maybe one can restore it or find another Studebaker enthusiast who will. A pretty car.
    John Clements
    Aussie Cat Herder
    Lockleys South Australia

He asked us about it here a couple of weeks ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=illinois

Craig

I can't look at a '56 (or '57, for that matter) without thinking of Allan Songer's "Sleeper".
    Andy
    62 GT

President Member cultural infidel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8E45E View Post
    He asked us about it here a couple of weeks ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=illinois

Craig
    I thought that it looked familiar.
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon...
    Check the Blog @ http://thisoldstude.blogspot.com

Things needed for new garage: Studebaker Tailgate to be used as a workshelf & Champ Grill with Studebaker cast into the bottom of it for the wagon.

Currently earning extra coin through just being online and doing surveys and playing games. Pretty sweet deal. Just thought I would share it with y'all.

Champion Member
    Yes, I put the car back on Ebay. It will not be scrapped. I've got too many projects right now to even think too seriously about building this car although I do like it. Hopefully someone that appreciates it will buy it.

John

That would be a pretty snazzy ride restored.

Question: Is that the correct steering wheel? I thought the upper trim level cars all had the wheel with the chrome horn ring. Same basic wheel used since '53 on the "5" or "7" trim level cars. The wheel on this car does not have the notches at the spoke ends for that ring and appears to be a wheel that takes the more simple horn button w/o ring.

Jeff in ND

Jeff, your assumptions are correct. That's not the correct wheel for a President. Thing is, the translucent plastic on the President wheels of this year, went all crispy with age. Likely someone scavenged this wheel to have one that was functional. It wouldn't be too hard to find a proper wheel, but it would cost several hundred bucks to have the Shrock Bros. recast it with fresh, durable modern-day plastic.
    Our opinions (and the resultant conclusions) may vary - Deal with it.

NORTH NorthWest Washington State (Custer, WA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R. View Post
    I can't look at a '56 (or '57, for that matter) without thinking of Allan Songer's "Sleeper".
    Wanna know a sad story?

Back when Allan was 'looking' for a car to start with for that build- he asked me if 'Jewel' my '57 Champion was for sale. I was willing to sell her, but she was burried in Dad's shop up here in Washington State, and I was still living in San Diego. There were too many problems in our way to make it happen, and then that '56 popped up...
    So he ended up using that Champion instead.

I've been bummin' ever since.
    StudeDave '57
    President
    Whatcom County Chapter
    Studebaker Drivers Club

Champion Member
    I've lowered the reserve to $1100 on Ebay. That is my break-even point. I hope someone on here buys it...

John

President Member
    Gee, what a great price, I agree - someone here should buy it, maybe one of the Aussies who frequent the list. me, I could put it on my Visa card, but hey, wrong country, and no space. Best of luck with it.
    John Clements
    Aussie Cat Herder
    Lockleys South Australia