• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Lark

Just a couple questions . I've been trying to find out what rear
    End comes stock on a 60 Lark 6 cylinder and v8. Any info would
    Be a appreciated .

Do you mean rear axle ratio, or model of rear end?

'Also need to know what transmission and body style if you want to know axle ratio. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The sedan I'm picking up this week has a Dana 27 in it. My grandpa's '60 has the Dana 44 Twin Traction. Both were "stock" options, at least to my meager Studebaker knowledge. Either way, guess which one I'm keeping when I mesh the two cars together
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

They used 2 different Dana-Spicer rear axles - the Dana 27 & the Dana 44. Primarily, 27s were used under most 6 cyl Larks, and 27s & 44s were used under V8 Larks. They'll physically interchange amongst 6 and V8 Larks, but the driveshaft length will vary and possibly the yokes used will be different. There WERE exceptions to these guidelines - like when 6cyl fleet vehicles would get the heavier duty 44 RA.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X