No announcement yet.

NOS CK fronts and rears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2500.00 for the fronts and rears is not un realistic!
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
      Gary,wow that must have been some time ago.
      A few years ago, but NOT "ancient" history.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Pair of NOS rear fenders I sold 2 years ago brought $1400.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Just finished repairing one , replaced vent and shroud from classic and other rot. Total time for being ready to paint 30 plus hours. Figure that up at most body shops.

Comment

Originally posted by prez55 View Post
            Just finished repairing one , replaced vent and shroud from classic and other rot. Total time for being ready to paint 30 plus hours. Figure that up at most body shops.
            Been there-done that, and could not agree more.

Those fenders with aprons would slip nicely onto the front of my GT, with minimal effort. As mentioned elsewhere, I already have NOS front fenders, but swapping the aprons is a PITA. I am saving bodywork & paint for last on the old GT. Have several options for sheet metal, but definitely will not be putting massive labor and dollars into anything I can just replace reasonably.
            One thing I plan to do is replace the 57-61 hood with correct, 1962. Figure I'll run into one sooner or later somewhere.

Comment

I see that they are still sitting at zero bids with two days left.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

How is it that there is only one bid for the rear fenders, the starting bid is $500, and the bid is up to $800?

Note: NOT saying it isn't worth the price, but how did the jump occur from $500 to $800? When you slap a bid on ebay, it should be at the starting bid, if there's only one bid? Yes? No?
                '53 Commander
                Art Morrison chassis
                LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

Originally posted by ralt12 View Post
                  How is it that there is only one bid for the rear fenders, the starting bid is $500, and the bid is up to $800?

Note: NOT saying it isn't worth the price, but how did the jump occur from $500 to $800? When you slap a bid on ebay, it should be at the starting bid, if there's only one bid? Yes? No?
                  The bid met the reserve. If the bid had not met reserve it would only show $500. If the bid is more than the reserve the bid will only take what it needs to meet the reserve. Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

If they weren't "pickup only", I'd be seriously considering a bid. I'm not going to make the IM and that's a lot to ask anyone to haul 2,000 miles across the northern tier.

jack vines
                    PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                      The bid met the reserve. If the bid had not met reserve it would only show $500. If the bid is more than the reserve the bid will only take what it needs to meet the reserve. Steve
                      Thanks very much for the explanation.
                      '53 Commander
                      Art Morrison chassis
                      LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

Yes the pick up only was a bit of a deterant, but some smart guy made a good purchase.
                        They both went to the same bidder and at a price that was fair for the seller and definitely not out of reason for the purchaser.
                        Wish I could have justified buying them at this time???
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                        X