No announcement yet.

DEEPNHOCK's 1953 Drag Car ... "The Black Car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about BMP? (Black Money Pit).......or Speed BuMP!!!
    Last edited by bezhawk; 04-29-2014, 05:17 AM.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Looks so 'Sinister' to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
        Looks so 'Sinister' to me.
        "Sinister Black SOB" is on the Top Ten list.....
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Sweet, Jeff.

You'll have it ready for The 2015 Studebaker Nationals & Orphan Drags, we presume? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Sweet, Jeff.
            You'll have it ready for The 2015 Studebaker Nationals & Orphan Drags, we presume? BP
            We'll see...
            It's already over a year overdue

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Cut and fit the air/water intercooler tubes.
              This fitting determined the final mounting position for the intercooler.
              Had to clear the drive belt, and still fit under the hood and fit the hole in the hood.

Jeff

Comment

just wondering what the 'weather pack' connector is sitting on the carb...for data collection? Are you planning on plumbing the intake side of the supercharger? belt drive looks like you're not messing around with belts slipping like R-3's! know I could find answers on the racing forum but that website is hit and miss with both my home and work computers. nice work, nothing like sweating the details! cheers, junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

But will it fit under the hood of an Avanti?
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

That is a Prfofessional Products Powerjection III electronic fuel injection unit.
                    Leads are there just to confuse me.
                    Chose this unit because it has a map2 sensor (can take boost), and is E-85 rated.

D
                    Originally posted by junior View Post
                    just wondering what the 'weather pack' connector is sitting on the carb...for data collection? Are yaou planning on plumbing the intake side of the supercharger? belt drive looks like you're not messing around with belts slipping like R-3's! know I could find answers on the racing forum but that website is hit and miss with both my home and work computers. nice work, nothing like sweating the details! cheers, junior

Jeff

Comment

• Kind of a boring pic, but.....

This is an SFI rated Randy Lajoie 'full containment' race seat. (Used mostly in the NASCAR crowd)

Way overkill for drag racing, but mandatory in SCTA and ECTA when you gert over a certain speed threshold.
                      They want your head and body fully contained. A lot of people add the pieces separately, but this seat does it all on one fell swoop.
                      Since this is kind of a long term project, I decided from the beginning to build it to satisfy NHRA and IHRA rules (for drag racing), and try to also satisfy ECTA and SCTA (land speed racing) rules....if it should ever get lost and want to go more than a quarter mile at a time.
                      So far, the car has the race seat, and dual fire bottles, and some frame gusset reinforcements...just for the long run guys.
                      You can't go wrong when it comes to safety.

Jeff

Comment

• You never cease to amaze me, Jeff. Nice work, as always!!
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

• "Mayhem-N-Black"

Comment

• "The Black Car" has some company in the shop...
                            Visiting is "The Carolina Salt Shaker" land speed racing Avanti that belongs to David Parris...
                            And 'The Yellow POS' sits there waiting for some wiring attention...

Jeff

Comment

• Still looking for names? How about Ebony Stiletto.
                              I see the car brother Dan was running on the Salt as the "Bucket List Dream" a few years ago has come by for some attention. Cool car.
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• "Midnight"..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X