X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan of the Day, 04-12, 1964 Pontiac Bonneville

I believe an Embassy body on this one:

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 04-12-2012, 06:53 PM.

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    I believe an Embassy body on this one:
    To shuttle the brass? Certainly not attractive as a parade car. The passenger access design is harsh. Perhaps even armored.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Of all the cars I've owned the one I would most want back is my '64 Bonneville. My Dad bought it new and gave it to me when I graduated high school. I drove that car for years and many miles. At a steady 75 mph that 389 4-barrel would give 25mpg. When it was new my Dad had plastic covers installed over the upholstery and the covers were still there when I sold the car sometime in the early '90s. The upholstery was still new under the plastic.

I was run off the road by a driver who failed to stop for a stop sign and went into a creek. It took two tow trucks to drag the car out...to say the least it was never the same again. The fellow I sold the car to only wanted it for the engine.

It was the best car any company ever bolted together as far as I'm concerned.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I think this car is possibly a "flower car" used by funeral directors. Craig would know since it's his picture & no doubt remembers it. The back half (trunk) area would be open ala El Camino style in a way. 64 was a great year for Pontiac. I remember a Grand Prix of that vintage that was the ride of Joey Jembarowitz. He worked in the parts dept. of the dealership where I had my first job after high school. That car was so clean! I mean REALLY CLEAN. He would wax the frame & the underside of the car was as it had rolled off the car carrier when new. Joey sold it to a good friend of mine in 1966 when he got a GTO.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
        X